Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
SABIC IT operating model
The SABIC IT organization focusses on six strategic results areas to ensure reliable operations and help driving the transformation within SABIC:
- effective and efficient processes and data quality
- building up a world class user experience
- secure and reliable operations
- increased productivity through collaboration
- an cost effective IT
- become a world–class it organization
The transformation focus is captured in the global transformation functions with the It organization and the regional IT functions focus on secure and reliable operations.
We are looking for a dynamic, results-driven individual who will achieve a high level of customer satisfaction that provides 24/7 reliable and responsive IT Infrastructure Services in over 5 countries.
As a member of the Regional IT team, participate and contribute to the execution of the overall IT strategy to ensure Global IT maximizes its short, medium and long term value to its customers.
- Identify and execute process and service improvement opportunities in one or more of the disciplines in Infrastructure with a focus on Microsoft Azure Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, Vmware, and Citrix
- Develop and maintain training materials and documentation for off-shore support teams.
- Participate in teams supporting transformation projects with the businesses, such as refresh and consolidation strategies and infrastructure technology rollouts.
- Facilitate collaboration with application architects, infrastructure engineers, systems administrators, and other technology specialists in project and strategy implementation
- Executes the planning, design, implementation, and support of a variety of application and infrastructure related projects and upgrades.
- Preferably experience with Cloud migration, cloud migration strategies and how to execute
- Perform infrastructure asset (hardware, software and related infrastructure technology) assessments to determine their applicability and value for the enterprise
- Align with global counterparts in order to achieve standardized operations and ensure execution of firm enterprise and IT policies
SABIC ITs ambition is aligned with SABIC’s global ambition and supports the strategy by focus on growth, cost leadership and innovation. The SABIC organization is highly IT minded and considers IT as an opportunity to improve business processes and the way of working in this agile environment. SABIC IT wants to be a strategic partner within the transformation process of SABIC towards 2020.
The SABIC IT organization has 2 major focus points:
- Driving key transformation programs
- Secure and reliable operations
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Note: Freelance/ZZP candidates are welcome to apply
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in global Industry or Corporate IT environment
- Minimum 10 years of Expert experience in the following areas of Infrastructure: Vmware, Windows, Active directory, SAN environments. Citrix, Datacenter environments, Microsoft Azure Cloud, hybrid cloud
- Good knowledge about the following expertise areas is preferred: Linux / UNIX systems, SQL databases, Exchange e-mail, Windows desktops, SCCM, Network, Audio/video, Voice,
- In-Depth knowledge of ITIL® policies and procedures including Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Experience and knowledge about Agile/DevOps/Scrum project mgmt. methodology
- On call service is part of the job
- Analytical skills
- Enthusiastic, flexible and creative team player
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch
- Must be proactive and able to operate independently
- Task oriented
- Must be able to work under pressure and in times of stress
- Must be able to improvise if necessary
- Experience in international business environment.
- Cultural sensitivity and a ‘global mindset’ is a pre