Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Are you motivated by the challenge to guide software development teams to get to the next level of autonomy? You will drive the DevOps transformation on the level of both software development teams and agile release trains on both way-of-working and team culture. All of this is done in support of delivering our world-leading products. If you find these challenges exciting then this is an opportunity for you to apply.
Within Applications - a business line within ASML, one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology, we create full-stack software products that run in the most modern Semiconductor Fabs in the world. You will support the development of these software solutions that are instrumental to our lithographic machines. Ensuring reliable operation while maintaining nanometer accuracy and making sure that the system interfaces are consistent and in accordance with the industries high standards. You will be in the driver seat of the continuous integration process of the (modularized) software products designed on top of modern virtual computing platform.
You will be responsible for the roadmap to drive the DevOps transformation. This will consist of several aspects on which you will focus:
- Define overall continuous integration strategy within the department.
- Drive the improvements in current software integration efficiency and effectivity.
- Establish SAFe System Teams for the agile release trains. Establish WoW between the software development teams and the system teams.
- Drive the roadmap for modularization and decoupling, set milestones and priorities, and drive achieving those.
- Drive the system requirement for continuous integration and help to define the implementation plan.
- Be part of the ASML CICD community and be a representative of the group in that community.
- Inspire and coach the development teams and agile release trains by introducing automation framework, containerization, etc.
- Introduce best practices on artifact management
- Identify opportunities in the flow towards structural improvements
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor or Master level.
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or similar technical field.
- At least 10 years of experience with modern software development.
- At least 5 years of experience within a Java Software Community/ Enabling developers
- Advanced stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Analytical thinking. Data-driven mindset.
- Experience with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Experience with modern tools of continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, GitHub action).
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, K8S)
- Has good understanding of change management and team topology.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Take initiative, show ownership and be decisive.
- Strong stakeholder management and change management.
- A strong communicative personality with a pragmatic attitude.
- Proficient in English language.
- Influencing without authority.
- Coaching and guiding others.