Secondment via YER, Interim/independent, Contract with Client
About this vacancy
Are you up to the challenge of joining our strategic sourcing team which operates in a highly complex, dynamic business environment and do you have a buyer, purchase or procurement background and do you have experience with sourcing strategies for direct categories like mechanical, mechatronics, electronics in a demanding industry where ASML is in and do you have a technical education background? If so, then we should talk!
As a Sourcing Lead you will drive and execute supplier development as well as the commercial relationships with suppliers within a cluster of strategic suppliers. As a Sourcing Lead for the functional cluster of Electronics you would be responsible for the procurement activities of electronic components, the Sourcing Lead for Mechatronics is in charge of the mechatronic modules and mechanical components while Machine Conditioning concerns the parts related to lay-out, temperature control, gas handling, vacuum systems and pneumatics.
- Co-develop vision and targets of supplier landscape by pursuing critical technology roadmap and product roadmap in collaboration with the category manager while considering regional needs.
- Negotiate (NPI-) contracts and represent Sourcing in complex internal projects.
- Co-define and execute category strategy and strategic actions plans at suppliers.
- Manage day-to-day contact with strategic suppliers (including owning agenda of interactions) and track all communication for full transparency.
- Prepare and oversee supplier negotiations including tactics, spend base analysis, script, dry-run and orchestrating stakeholders involved as well as all contract details.
- Track and formalize (long-term) supplier performance by executing Supplier Profile reviews based on Quality, Technology, Logistics, Cost and Sustainability (QLTCS), identifying gaps, initiating improvement opportunities, developing mitigation measures, and executing Cost of Goods roadmap.
Formal decision making:
- Flag and resolve escalations in time with the category manager in collaboration with other sectors related to supplier performance.
- Head review meetings with the Supplier Account Team.
- Prepare meetings regarding make/buy decisions and supplier selections which can be reviewed up to Executive Management.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
We are looking for several Sourcing Leads (junior/medior/senior) in different technical environments/categories.
There are 2 options:
- work as a contractor: for a senior the max. yearly salary is €100k
- work as a freelancer: for a senior the max. hourly rate is: €100,-
A technical education background is preferred like a graduate degree in physics, engineering or other technical field.
- Minimally 10 years work experience, ideally in strategic procurement/buyer/purchase position in a technology intensive industry.
- Experience with New Product Introductions (NPI).
- Ability to identify and structure issues independently.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills up to executive level.
- Strong vision of supplier landscape and technology roadmap.
- Strong supplier relationship skills; continuously, but constructively, demanding of suppliers performance.
- Ability to build a strong (internal) network.
- Quick to understand a team’s dynamic.
- Ability to get buy-in and commitment from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingness to “constructively dissent” and challenge management thinking on key purchasing issues.
- Accurate and able to maintain overview.