Secondment with contracting
About this vacancy
ASML is a Dutch, innovative high-tech company. ASML is one of the most important manufacturers of machines that are often used in the making of chips. Now, there is a worldwide shortage of chips, which means that technological developments worldwide come to an abrupt halt. The continued production of ASML machines is therefore essential for technological developments.
The Twinscan Factory (TF) is responsible for the production of ASML lithography systems including planning and logistics. A place where we strive to be the role model Lean Factory where quality comes first but where safety goes before all.
Within this sector ASML Motion is responsible for production and qualification of complex, high quality litho-specific linear actuators for the ASML Litho Systems (XT, NXT, NXE, EXE).
These systems are built and delivered according to customer requirements, in time and at the right quality. To reach these goals we use the full capability and knowledge of our employees empowering them to excel in their jobs, work as a team and improve every day.
Do you have hands-on experience and strong analytical skills, complimented with a technical background? Are you challenged by providing quality solutions for technical disturbances? We might be looking for you!
The First Line Support (FLS) group provides quality solutions for (complex) technical disturbances to secure delivery performance of the Motion actuators. We value mutual respect, teamwork, ownership, a proactive attitude and a continuous drive to improve. We are committed to all our customers and we are proud to strive for world class operations while maintaining a great team atmosphere.
As a First Line Support Engineer, you are:
- Supporting: first line - hands-on and analytical - trouble shoot support for the actuator assembly process within the Motion factory;
- Troubleshooting: point out structural problems towards Process Improvement engineers to be solved structurally or to have a countermeasure;
- Controlling KPI’s: monitor the quality and timing of solutions and their implementation, including technical realization;
- Transferring knowledge: actively seek and transfer knowledge;
- Cooperating: work closely together with other (support) departments to secure effective problem analysis and continuity;
- Taking initiative: take the lead by executing plans, undertake the right actions on time;
- Creative: focus on finding more solutions to one problem, and perceive the problem in multiple ways;
- Multitasking: even when multiple tasks are executed at the same time you deliver work with quality and respect delivery deadlines.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
- Full-time position available
- Day shift
- Good working conditions: attractive salary, 8% holiday pay, 13th month, allowances, good pension, 27 vacation days (and 13 ADV days in the day shift)
- Unique and challenging work
- Excellent guidance by experienced colleagues from the profession
- A work environment with an open culture where results are achieved
- Training to upgrade your skills and development opportunities.
Please add your complete, recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. A motivational letter is mandatory: why do you want to work at Motion in the First Line Support group?
Education & experience
- A technical bachelor's in the direction of: Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Automotive, Aerospace;
- Preferably 0-2 years of hands-on experience in a technical production environment;
- Experience with troubleshooting: analyzing problems, finding root-cause and determining solution;
- Knowledge of quality improvement methods;
- Experience in problem analysis of products and processes.
- To be successful as a First Line Support Engineer, you need to have the following skills:
- Combining an analytical approach with a hands on mentality.
- Focused on quality and continuous improvement.
- Good social and communication skills to work with other departments, such as production and development engineering.
- Dutch is the main language on the production floor, therefore candidate must already have good Dutch language skills in speech and writing. Adequate English language skills in speech and writing.
- The following competences: initiative, pro-active, flexible, problem solver, team player.