Secondment with contracting
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
Vanderlande provides baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market our systems handle 52 million parcels per day.
Role description and tasks
As the main threat modeler within the security group, your job is two-fold.
Firstly, you are the service owner of the Threat Intelligence service. This service is available to internal customers within and outside the Vanderlande security group. The service is aimed at delivering briefing packages that help the requestor understand the identified cyber security threats relevant to their request and scope. These requests can be ad-hoc when triggered by an (pending) event (e.g. Russia-Ukraine war) or structural when part of a standardized process (e.g. feeding Risks into the ISMS). The aim of this service and thus the content of these briefing packages is mostly at Strategic and Tactical level.
Secondly, you are heavily involved in continuous improvement of the Threat Hunting service. You contribute to, advice on, and in many cases write up (improved) SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and runbooks for the teams involved in operational threat hunting. In case of incidents (after initial triage and dispatch) , you may be referred to and contribute to the actual threat hunting as the SME supporting the 2nd and 3rd line responders. The aim of these activities are very Operational, using your Tactical SME know-how.
Position in the team
Within the security group, your work contributes to both the Corporate and the Solutions security teams.
You support the Corporate security team as follows:
- As part of the ISO:27001 based ISMS-PDCA cycle, you provide SME insights into our corporate risk profile and help populate the risk register;
- Your insights in the TTPs of malicious and / or criminal hacker groups can be called upon when auditing existing security controls and identifying improvements;
- You may be called upon for SME advice as part of security consultancy services provided in the CCBs.
You support the Solution security team as follows:
- Your research in cyber security threats and trends also extend to the markets in which Vanderlande operates. As such, your knowledge and SME advice may be called upon to gauge the aim and effectiveness of the IEC62443 based CSMS;
- You periodically feed relevant information briefings into the various security SME / champion groups chaired by members of the solution security team;
- To better understand risks that are specific to a customer, site, project or service, your expert advice may be called upon as part of the security consultancy services provided in the Business Units.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including Amazon and Walmart, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Vanderlande. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Note: A background screening relevant for the position may be part of the selection procedure.
- Higher education in Information Security, or similar achieved professional level through experience
- At least 5 years of experience within an Information Security related function
- Information Security Certifications (CISSP, CEH, ESCA) are a plus
- Languages: English at a highly professional level (C1/C2 level in the CEFRL)
- Broad knowledge of cloud and on-premise enterprise IT infrastructures
- Broad Information Security knowledge
- Deep understanding of interpreting and analyzing computer and network related (log)files and traffic captures using a variety of automation tools, or simple PCAPs
- Knowledgeable about and experienced in working with OSINT processes, tools and sources (including the not so exposed or easily accessible ones)
- Knowledgeable about and experienced with analyzing impact of (geo)political movements in relation to cyber threats, e.g. state sponsored or affiliated cyber-criminal groups
- Capable in adopting a context specific narrative for audiences both within and outside IT, and with or without cyber security savviness
- Appreciative of a highly culturally diverse work environment
- Very capable of separating fact from FUD
- Capability to translate business and customer requirements into security requirements and vice versa
- Comfortable to deliver in a high-pace and agile work environment