Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Within the Fuel, Air & EGR group, we have a vacancy for the role of Engine Design Engineer!
As a design engineer, you design new engine components / systems for application in future engine families, in cooperation with other Design Engineers, Mechanical Experts, Suppliers and Production Engineering. You are responsible for component releases within the pre-defined timeline, with focus on functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability and cost. Design processes are based on Six Sigma tools and techniques.
Within PACCAR Inc, Global Engine Development is the center of competence for powertrain development. In our state-of-art test-center we develop engine and aftertreatment configurations for future regulations. Our trucks are best in class products in the transportation world, being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers. The department Engine Externals and EAS Hardware within Engineering is responsible for the hardware development of new engines and aftertreatment systems, and maintaining the in-production products. The department is splitted in 4 groups; Engine Externals 1 & 2, Fuel, Air & EGR and Aftertreatment Hardware.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering.
- 1-3 years of relevant working experience
- Experienced CAD software user, preferably CREO
- Clear and structured way of working
- Collegiate attitude, great communication skills and a strong technical insight
- Used to handle complex design projects and the resulting (time) pressure
- Automotive and/or Combustion Engine knowledge is beneficial
- Good English skills are mandatory, Dutch skills are a pre; willingness to learn Dutch is mandatory;