Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
As part of the R&D organization, The Global Digital group is committed to bring value-adding and innovative software solutions to our customers that help them with their success. Global Digital covers all software crafted in the MSD-EM related sites, globally over the world. Main R&D sites can be found in Eindhoven (the Netherlands), Bordeaux (France), Hillsboro (US), Brno (Czech). The Global Digital group is responsible for the complete software stack, from fpga to embedded and application software
If you are passionate about software testing, dedicated to quality, and pragmatic about problem solving, we'd love to hear from you. We expect a strong desire to collaborate with teammates and project stakeholders to deliver successful software solutions for the semiconductor business unit.
Within Eindhoven office, we are looking for a talented Software Test Automation Engineer in the Digital TEM Software Group. You will be part of one of the development teams focusing on Metrios Software that provides S/TEM solutions tailored for Semiconductor workflows.
Metrios applications have been primarily developed in C#.Net with WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) as UI (User Interface) on Windows platform by 2 distributed scrum teams located at Hillsboro, US and Eindhoven, Netherlands. In addition to .Net, Machine Learning part has been mostly written in Python.
Your assignment will include the following activities:
- Be an active part of the scrum team, guide and support the team members on all quality aspects to successfully achieve the team goals
- Take an active role in transitioning towards more automated testing approach
- Hands-on software development related to the test framework and the automated tests
- Create and execute test cases (both manual and automated)
- Initiate and support product quality improvements
- Review requirements, acceptance criteria, test specification
- Participate in risk assessment activities
- Create or collaborate in test plan creation
- Responsible for the execution of testing and product quality
- Defect root cause analysis
Transmission electronic microscopes are the most sophisticated laboratory instruments that are used today. Software applications are important into exploiting all the potential of these microscopes, pushing the limits of current physical technologies. These applications are used by scientists and engineers in life science, material sciences and semiconductor industry, indirectly affecting our life in many aspects. By contributing into these applications, you might help developing better vaccines, new lighter and stronger materials, or more efficient semiconductors. Examples are automated tomography, single particle acquisition, and our semiconductors automated metrology/measurements at nanometer scale.
To be discussed
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or related technical software field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in quality and test of technical software for high-tech equipment
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
- Experience with test automation (.NET/C#, Python)
- Experience with hardware and software co-development, test and integration processes
- Prior experience with Semiconductor domain or Electron Microscopes is a plus