Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Take the challenge to lead the homologation process of our DAF products.
As a Homologation Engineer Vehicles you are responsible for all steps in the type approval and certification process regarding the component, system approvals and Whole Vehicle Type Approval (WVTA) to register DAF trucks worldwide following EC/UNECE regulations.
- Analyze the homologation impact of engineering changes (project/running business) on system certificates and WVTA
- Support the vehicle development department in checking the regulatory compliance of components and systems throughout the development process
- Prepare homologation tests by creating detailed homologation plans in close cooperation with engineering and test departments
- Align and agree on the required type approval activities in close cooperation with technical services and type approval authorities
- If applicable negotiate with authorities about the correct interpretation of the legislation
- Write a test request to testing to plan and execute the required homologation tests
- Coordinate and witness the execution of homologation tests and provide guidance for the inspectors of technical service or type approval authority
- Ensure that all test results and technical information is accurately documented according to the regulations
- Provide the updated type approval input for the Conformity of Production (COP) compliance program
The department of Standards & Homologation (S&H) is responsible for all European engine and vehicle type approvals required to register trucks worldwide. The department ensures that DAF is always up-to-date with regard to future regulations by issuing Legal Notifications of updated regulations and by decomposing legal requirements for engineering.
S&H also plays a role in the certification process of the MX11 and MX13 engines used in Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks. Lastly, S&H ensures DAF is using the latest internationally agreed industrial standards (ISO, IEC, SAE, DIN, etc.) to ensure qualitative and cost efficient development and operation.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor automotive or mechanical engineering
- Experience with / knowledge of the homologation process
- Experience in testing and validation of vehicles
- Extensive vehicle domain knowledge
- Proactive and entrepreneurial personality
- Strong communicative and persuasive skills
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English