Secondment with contracting
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Your mission is to protect our organization against digital threats together with your colleagues.
PACCAR need to comply with upcoming UN-ECU cybersecurity regulations R155 and R156. These regulations set high demands to the security level of our truck and its related services as well as all processes required to assure that the truck and services remains adequately secured during its economic lifetime. Official instances will evaluate compliance which is related to the type approval of the trucks.
Enterprise IT infrastructure is structured in a fairly simple configuration; it is composed of endpoints (desktops), network, servers, gateway and perimeter devices. Mobility requires a more sophisticated infrastructure, including proprietary command and control (C+C) telematics servers, moving cars, cloud layer(s), machines, sensors, mobile applications and other components, making it more complicated to manage and monitor. Due to the further professionalization of our organization, we need a VSOC (Vehicle Security Operations Centre)Cyber Security Expert.
Based on your extensive VSOC experience, you will be a key person within the daily VSOC processes and you can also play a leading and advisory role in the further development of these processes.
Your work is diverse and includes:
- Making necessary changes to improve processes and VSOC systems to gain strength in Cyber Security.
- (Coordination of) substantive further advise on making our VSOC stronger and future prove.
- Dashboarding and periodic reports.
- Expansion of existing monitoring, including further design of the Security Information & Event Management System (SIEM).
- Advising on the further development of the VSOC, with an important focus on new techniques.
- If necessary, participate in project groups/scrum teams to contribute to broader PACCAR IT projects based on your expertise.
PACCAR IT Europe is responsible for the development, support and management of the information systems for our users in Europe, for DAF, PACCAR Parts as well as PACCAR Financial and PacLease. More than 200 employees work for PACCAR IT Europe.. Within IT Europe, the Information Security Department is responsible for risk assessments, definition and follow-up of security requirements, security awareness and vulnerability management. This team is organized as a global Team with direct links to PACCAR IT in North America.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- You have University working and thinking level.
- Relevant Vehicle and Cyber Security experience (10 years+ experience).
- You have extensive experience with the substantive activities of a VSOC.
- Using and expanding a SIEM, IDS and other commonly used security tooling holds no secrets for you.
- You have an excellent command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
- Knowledge of different protocols such as:
- Telematics , proprietary protocols, different versions per car model
- OTA software updates
- Consumer mobile app – connected to the car remotely
- Vehicle APIs (as in vehicle delivery)
- Mobility services and applications (like car sharing)
- In-vehicle sensors and security