Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
You are a part of the Business Unit Connected Care. In Connected Care, we connect and elevate care for all. With clinical depth and discovery, we pursue a more accurate and complete patient story that spurs action toward better health and care. We connect patients and providers across settings to improve experiences, advance outcomes and lower costs.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
To be discussed
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems
- At least 2+ years of experience as a scrum master for one or more software development teams, preferably in a regulated environment / healthcare industry
- 8+ years of software experience working through the design, development, release cycle and delivering complex mechatronics products to the market
- Experience with servant leadership, confident and inspirational, able to convey goal and purpose, while encouraging self-organization
- Familiar with Agile Scrum methodologies. Scaled Agile Framework experiences is a pre.
- Familiar with Agile tools and practices, strong experience with Agile Lifecycle Management Tools (Microsoft TFS) will be an added advantage
- Self-starter, quick learner and ability to work in a global team setting
- Behavioral competencies; Business Insight, Customer Focus, Plans and Aligns, Optimizes Work Processes, Develops Talent, Manages Conflict