Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Introduction to the job
As ASML is growing rapidly, the Corporate IT Shared Services Team is expanding its responsibilities around application platform automation. Bringing speed, quality and agility to our business with CICD best practices and stable application deployment platform. The team is responsible for guiding and helping other ASML teams in adopting Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment practices. In addition, we provide a fully-managed application deployment platform built on top of Azure Kubernetes Services designed for Mendix applications. These applications are used by thousands of colleagues and are crucial for their day to day work. We are looking for a colleague with experience building application deployment platforms to lead the team composed of mainly devops engineers, can bring the team to the next level and continuously improve the product and service offerings.
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. They design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their clients microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
- Responsible to build new or extend current platform capabilities like deployment, security, monitoring, data integrity in the cloud based on industry best practices.
- Design and implement cloud application platform as a service. Evaluate, recommend, and implement enterprise-wide standards and process guidelines that support automated process improvement across the SDLC.
- Responsible for administration of tools and integrations required to support the cloud platform strategic roadmap and implement enterprise-wide standards and process guidelines to ensure effective use of the CICD automation tools.
- Must be able to take on leadership responsibilities and influence the direction of the automation efforts and be involved in the build of master automation processes, environments, and scripts that ensure the highest quality.
- Work with Product owners and IT stakeholders to guide and define CICD automation strategies to deliver solutions through DTA environments and into Production.
- Lead and provide estimates, formalize plans, and implementation schedules/dependencies.
- Responsible for tracking and identifying dependencies in delivery projects towards successful implementation.
- Communicate CICD automation implementation plans, issues, delays, and risks with project teams, management and stakeholders.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and innovation on current processes and tools in alignment with the DevOps and CICD directions.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Education and experience
Master or Bachelor in computer science or related field.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- +4 years of experience as technical lead in an international complex matrix organization, must know what is needed to work in an organization with high performing teams.
- +4 years of automation experience in Azure Cloud in combination with Terraform.
- +4 years of experience in DevOps teams building CICD pipelines.
- +2 years of experience with Kubernetes.
- 2-3 years of experience with working within continuous delivery environments with hands-on experience on integrating / troubleshooting automation tools (Sonarqube, Selenium) with other tools like (Gitlab, Github, Jenkins, Azure DevOps).
- Relevant programming/scripting skills (such as Python / Bash / Powershell / SQL).
- Experience with Mendix deployment is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Proactive, energetic and can-do mindset
- Motivated and enthusiastic to enable team growth
- Capable in dealing with change in own role and environment
- Excellent communicator - fluent in written and verbal business English
- Ability to prioritize key issues in a high demanding and dynamic environment
- Ability to work under pressure and be the example to the team on how to deal with it
- Developing individuals is what you stand for
- Strong customer focus, outcome-based delivery ethic and commitment to excellence
- Leadership capability, responsibility and authority, can deal with resistance
- Well-developed consultancy skills combined with hands-on mentality
- Passionate about Dev Ops and CICD Platforms, and driving innovative solutions;