Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
This position is in diagnostics and recovery tooling of the ASML SW department. This department focusses on improving system availability at customer’s production processes by process optimization for ASML engineers in factory and field. Hardware capabilities and change rate (HW replacement) have become too limited or too costly. Software is being developed to gain the next nanometres. That software is deployed on a server rack inside the customer’s data centre. It takes data from ASML devices as input for diagnostics on system performance and availability. This data is processed via feedback loops towards engineers and HQ to continuously monitor, improve and optimize the efficiency of our engineers work processes.
The software described above is created by specialists in other teams. Together with the Equipment Performance Server (EPS) team of 4-8 persons it is your task to ensure there is a platform where this software can run above 99.9% availability guarantee. Currently, ASML installed many servers at customer sites worldwide. The team you work with designed the HW setup, the virtualization layers, manages firmware updates, and provides a key set of supporting software services to manage the hardware platform. The team is very strong on the technical aspects. The daily organization is done from within the team by following the agile principles and ceremonies. A candidate with affinity towards dev ops, picking up the daily monitoring of field systems and own the follow-up on issues that arise.
A next generation cloud-based platform is under construction.
This is a new development that comes with a large learning opportunity for team and organization. The software that runs on the classical hardware platform is being ported to a new setup. In the old setup, VMWare and monolithic components are mainstream. In the new setup cloud solutioning for e.g. dev benches, docker, k8s and microservices on Mesosphere DC/OS are the baseline.
Your hands-on job is to support both. The stability of the existing platforms in the field and the introduction of the new platform with all its new opportunities and issues. You are profound in troubleshooting hardware, virtualization, network, and software issues even if these go beyond the platform. You understand the impact containerization may or may not have in these cases. Robust definition of software & platform, install, and upgrade (ansible, shell script) is one of your hobbies. In the end, you take pride in robust and stable platforms as you are a true engineer.
Build the Kubernetes platform that the chip factories can depend on. You don’t write obscure scripts that people will forget exist. Instead, you’ll contribute to the platform that is essential to the chip manufacturers, and in turn essential for the coming generations many semiconductor based devices. The platform itself consists of a scalable and distributed data and compute infrastructure. The scale and complexity of the platform gives everyone involved the opportunity to keep learning new things.
Be part of this compute platform that is one of the main pillars under the production of the next generation microchips of Apple, Samsung and many others.
- You like to excel on the intersection of the software & infrastructure world.
- You have experience as an Infra/SW Designer/Linux Developer (IaC) –
- You are at home in the Linux landscape (ours is RHEL-based)
- Strong knowledge of *infrastructure-as-code* landscape (*Ansible*, Puppet, Chef, Salt) -- we use Ansible
- *Platform-thinking* mindset: our deliveries have a large community of different stakeholders, and you will contribute on making it smooth, resilient, clean
- Maintenance and creation of ansible playbooks that are used in software deployment.
- When this meets the candidates ambition and skills; pick up a servant team lead role next to the technical aspects mentioned here.
- Support development teams at the Veldhoven site where they experience potential platform issues
- You are a Linux/Unix fan and enjoy working with Redhat software releases. You can help identifying the implications when a move from one version to the next is required.
- Shell scripts and bash for many tasks.
- Development of automated tests that can be re-used on platform changes and upgrades to ensure no regression impact is caused.
- Setup Docker and support the team with DC/OS issues
- Manage a platform setup through VMWare and/or RHEV, know how to make and restore backups.
- Be able (and enjoy) to work with Python for test execution and scripting purposes.
Main technologies: Redhat Linux, RHEV, VMWare, Networking, Ansible, Shell Scripting, Docker, DC/OS, 3PAR, DNS, Firewall, VCentre, Blade Server, DataCenter, OnSite Support, HP hardware, Red Hat releases, Splunk, 4th line support, Python, Jira, Agile
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
§ Good employee benefits
§ Challenging assignments
§ Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
§ Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
§ Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
§ Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
§ Friendly atmosphere and open culture
§ Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
§ Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
A relevant B.Sc. or M.Sc. in the area of IT, electronics or computer engineering.
For this position, we seek a hands-on professional with between 2-5 years of experience in a similar platform(s) environment.
- First of all, you’re passionate about technology and are excited by the idea that your work will impact millions of people in whose daily life ASML based products are standard.
- You bring a very structured way of working for yourself and are able to instil that mindset into the team
- You are not afraid to experiment, collaborate, and share ideas
- You’re analytical, and product- and quality-oriented.
- You like to investigate issues, and you’re a creative problem solver.
- You’re open open-minded, you like to discuss technical challenges, and you want to push the boundaries of technology.
- “Do” mentality, execute the needed steps after alignment with your team.
- The focus topic of today can very quickly change; you are flexible and able to make these kinds of context switches (and you strive to minimize the need for these)
- You’re an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work.
- You take ownership and you support your team
- You’re client and quality oriented – you don’t settle for second-best solutions, but strive to find the best ways to acquire top results.