Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
Logistics & Transportation
About this vacancy
Are you challenged by a supply chain over 7 tiers deep? Do you want to deliver input for ASML’s 2025 strategy? Do you want to be part of building the right capacity within ASML’s external supply chain for their future growth? And are you experienced in building, developing and creating improvements to drive operational excellence at suppliers, internal stakeholders and customers? If so, we should talk!
Sourcing & Supply Chain (S&SC) represents ASML’s Sourcing, Logistics and Quality interface to its supply base and is responsible for Materials Availability for ASML’s factories. In today’s complex multi-tier supply chains, this is only possible by creating full transparency in the chains and flexibility at suppliers. Sourcing & Supply Chain manages over 100 chains up to seven tiers deep, addressing potential bottlenecks and supply risks before they impact their customers. It must handle the increased complexity of ASML’s systems while reducing cost of ownership for customers. To do this, Supplier Managers work with their suppliers to continuously reduce cycle time for components, modules and assemblies, increasing supply chain flexibility and customer value. This department also monitors the suppliers’ quality, flexibility, cycle time reductions, move rate compliance and on-time delivery reliability, driving supplier development in all areas to ensure ASML’s supply keeps pace with technological developments and can adapt to changing market conditions.
Within ASML the department Sourcing & Supply Chain works to provide a reliable, responsive and robust global supply chain network which delivers materials to the factory and the field at the right moment, in the right quantity and quality against the lowest integral costs. The Logistics Supplier Manager is responsible to drive logistics management and operational performance of a selected number of key suppliers in the ASML Logistics Supply Chain. The continually increasing business demands make this a challenge. Your main responsibilities are:
- Operational Excellence Performance of suppliers and their n-tier suppliers.
- Optimize manufacturing processes at suppliers.
- Contribute to ASML sourcing strategy.
- Representing Logistics as member of Supplier Account Team.
- Lead a cross sectorial team for several projects.
- Work with ASML stakeholders to shape our future supply chain.
- Drive process improvements at suppliers; actively participating in improvement projects at suppliers.
- Coaching of colleagues in hard and soft skills.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
This is a temporary position for 12 months (excl. extensions).
There are 2 options:
- work as a contractor: max. €120k/year
- work as a freelancer: max. €110/hr.
Education and experience
- Master degree in Supply Chain Management or similar. Bachelors with relevant experience can also be considered.
- 10+ years relevant work experience in similar roles with international scope.
- Experience in High tech, low volume industries is a pre.
- Experienced in improvement & operational excellence in manufacturing environment.
- Lean Six Sigma on the job experience.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Conceptual thinker on strategic level
- Pragmatic and result driven
- Communication skills are effective and efficient
- Convincing / negotiation skills
- Managing ambiguity
- Proactive attitude, drive for improvement
- Flexible and adaptable