Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
To strengthen and to expand the analytical research team from Spark Holland, we are looking for a product researcher.
As part of the R&D team you will investigate the user markets (experiences, wishes, trends, etc) and competitor solutions of instruments and features in order to give input to new R&D developments. Execution of practical research in the laboratory will be part of this job. In cooperation with our Sales team, you will participate in advising our customers on solutions for end-user needs. You will be reporting to the Manager Analytical Research.
Tasks contain; not limited to:
- Give input from end user perspective on R&D developments
- Perform research for new products, product innovation or new features
- Participate in pre-development research of R&D developments
- Initiate and maintain contacts with external parties (e.g. end-users, research organizations and suppliers)
- Keep up to date with the market (e.g. by visiting trade fairs, conferences, networking)
- Present research outcomes on conferences and by publishing white papers
- Act as mature conversational partner towards our customers from your field of expertise
Spark Holland is a supplier of innovative sample introduction and separation technology for the life science industry worldwide. The technology is applied in state-of-the-art instrumentation for UHPLC and SPE systems. The systems have been developed to improve production and efficiency in laboratories, where ease of use plays an important role. Spark Holland has built up a global reputation over the years with research-driven, regional technology. The core of the long-term relationship with customers is the focus on product development. Research development, production, sales and marketing are therefore all carried out internally.
In the role of application chemist, Spark Holland offers you a challenging position in a dynamic environment. You will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to the (further) development and growth of the company. After an annual contract through YER, you are eligible for an employment contract with the organization if you function well. In addition to an appropriate salary, Spark Holland offers attractive secondary employment conditions.
After a thorough induction program and good supervision, you will be given the space to fulfill your role independently.
You have practical experience with Liquid Chromatography and affinity with the technology behind it. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player, who gets energy from performing research on new products and who is able to connect with end user perspectives.
Who we are looking for:
- Master of Science in chemistry or equivalent by experience, with interest in technology
- Practical and in depth experience with different Liquid Chromatography systems and methods
- Willing to travel internationally (for trade fairs/conferences/visits customers, end users)
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing and presenting in English
- Communication skills in Dutch are preferred
- Self-starter & quick learner
- Team player, eager to learn, curious, creative and solution-oriented
- Ability to translate scientific concepts to practical solutions
- High sense for customers and commercials