Secondment via YER, Contract with Client, Working for YER, Secondment with contracting
About this vacancy
Introduction to the job
Do you enjoy designing, building and testing mechanical systems? Do you want to expand your professional skill set into other disciplines? And do you enjoy interacting with many different people, enthusing them with ideas and motivating them to contribute? If so, this could be the ideal career step for you.
Your mission will be to make a positive impact on the entire company – because you will be working at the heart of the ASML machine, right in the light path. That’s one of the many reasons this position offers direct challenge and virtually real-time feedback job satisfaction.
You will be expected to use not only your hard-skill technical expertise to engineer on a practical scale, but also your soft-skill people techniques to enthuse and motivate others. Additionally, because ASML projects are always multidisciplinary, you will also be expected to develop new technical skills beyond your own area of expertise, so this position offers plenty of 360º professional growth. Which means that in addition to the challenges of mechanical engineering - designing, building and prototype testing – you will also consider other factors such as electronics, environmental control and infrastructural requirements for example.
Role and responsibilities
You will contribute to the development and sustaining of products by specification, concept study, volume control, interface definition, design, mechanical calculations (FEM), drawings, qualification, integration and test execution of mechanical components or subsystems. In particular you will:
- Specify and design the (sub-)modules and/or tooling to realize the required performance
- To achieve this you will use state of the art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective
- Store the BOM in our database according engineering change process procedures, and align the change with the different stake holders
- Drive the qualification of the design by specifying the tests, designing and realizing the test equipment
- Define and ensure that required prototypes are planned, built and tested
- Deliver the technical product documentation that is needed to release the design for volume production
- Cooperate with the factory to identify and drive improvements on integration
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. You will be part of the Mechanical System Layout & Imaging group working within the DUV Optical Column.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel.
Education and experience
Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, or similar.
- Well educated in the application of construction principles and accurate position principles
- Ability to design concepts and a pragmatic attitude and capability to translate concepts into practical designs that meet the specified requirements
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling tools is required, preferably Siemens NX, and Teamcenter -Mechanical tolerance calculations (statistical analysis experience is a plus)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong technical foundation with a pragmatic attitude
- Creative thinking capability
- Critical on results
- Team player
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Good communication skills, easily communicates with other disciplines
- Sharp and assertive. Easily challenges colleagues
- Strong quality drive