Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Are you keen to take up a new challenge in a global fast-growing company? Are you looking for a next step in your career and would enjoy taking up the challenge of enabling ASML business to achieve its objectives while being in control? How would you feel about contributing to the implementation of our Global Enabling Services organization within ASML as a Financial specialist operational Accounts Payable?
We are looking for you: A professional who makes the difference because it’s in your nature to standardize, simplify and automate the Invoice to Pay cycle to world-class level!
At ASML we constantly have to ensure that our people, processes and information enable us to realize our growth and meet our ambitious business objectives. Especially in an exciting era of automation, digitalization, robotics and data mining, enabling ASML’s future growth and its success.
Recently, ASML has launched its transformation towards Global Enabling Services (GES) to deliver world-class transactional & operational support services organized around End to End (E2E) processes. Finance and IT are the first movers, soon expected to be followed by other services. Within Finance, we have established the E2E cycles, Record to Report, Invoice to Pay, Market to Cash and Employee Financial Services.
To realize our ambition, we are looking for a financial analyst to strengthen our team main responsible for the vendor communication including its related processes. You will bring hands-on and pragmatic expertise and know how to ensure the right accounting and drive continuous process improvements, as well support the transition to our future ERP system.
It is a challenging, hands-on position in a dynamic and international oriented environment. You support the team in its transformation to deliver world-class end to end Invoice to Pay process that ensures (external) compliance and supports management for (better) decision-making.
Role and responsibilities
The financial specialist is located within the department of Supplier Financial Services (SFS) and will be co-responsible for guiding this process in the right direction. You will be part of a team of 25 colleagues and located in Veldhoven. This function interacts with various internal departments (e.g. Treasury and Procurement) and external parties (e.g. suppliers and external Accountants).
- Communicate with suppliers; maintain strong working relationships with our supplier.
- Support the AP accountants in their activities, e.g. email and workflow handling, processing invoices.
- Perform effective and efficient execution of the GES-SFS activities in accordance with global E2E processes and tooling.
- Perform period end close activities.
- Safeguard compliance to applicable laws and regulations (e.g. US GAAP, Local GAAP, Export control).
- Contribute to continuous improvements initiatives.
- Drive standardization, simplification and automation of the relevant processes.
- Execute key-user activities for relevant SFS tooling.
- Execute and monitor internal controls, including SOX-controls.
- Monitor and supervision of account balances (reconciliation and SOX).
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor or Master degree in Economics/Finance/Business Administration
- 3-7 years’ experience, preferable in an international environment as a financial or business analyst in PtP/ Workflow management
- Experience with ERP software in general and specific with SAP ECC and SAP Workflow management
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, incl. SOX (Legal, Tax, Treasury, Accounting)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
- To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong communication-, organizational-, and structuring skills
- Capable of co-working with internal and external people
- Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas
- Analytical, precise and knowledge of accounting information systems.