Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Become part of the startup of a dynamic team that is leading on a digital transformation journey. Your role is to be an ambassador for the Agile and DevOps way of working within this global organization. There is a lot of room for new ideas and innovations, and you will be supported to have a continuous focus on development, coaching and creating a supportive environment for your team.
As DevOps Engineer for Amazon Workspaces, you will primarily focus on providing support and maintenance for the VD (Amazon Workspaces) and related activities to the product. This role requires close collaboration with various internal and external technology and business teams.
- Work with Amazon tools to update and maintain the current environment, which will consist of 3 regions
- Supporting business users on application incidents/ changes requested
- Identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving problems by taking a proactive approach.
- Maintain and create SOPs based on the actions taken on the environment
- Collaborate with other teams to further develop Workspaces product
This client is well recognized as a modern IT organization with a DevOps way of working. They are a diversified team with high energy, an open collaboration environment and eagerness for continuous improvement.
If you join the VDI team, you will find a diversified group with high energy, an open collaboration environment and eagerness for continuous improvement. The mission is to drive and support the Amazon Workspaces VD solution.
Our client is an international semiconductor manufacturing company.
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Note: Freelance/ZZP candidates are welcome to apply
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Thorough understanding of Active Directory, including replication and GPOs
- Experience of optimizing Windows Desktop for use in a virtual environment: OS Image management, application package management, PowerShell scripting and automation
- Good knowledge of design, deployment and management of a virtual desktop and application platform. This could include Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, VMware Horizon, Azure Virtual Desktop, Amazon Workspaces
- Advanced knowledge of registry, permissions, and drivers and software required
- Extensive knowledge of Windows operating system overall.
Furthermore, you are:
- Able to analyse and deconstruct technical problems
- Capable to communicate clearly and effectively
- Experienced in working Agile and/or on a Lean + ITIL environment