Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
High Tech, IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading the selection of a new Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tooling. Your responsibility will be to:
- Drive a complex and multidisciplinary project according to the roadmap and business priorities
- Gather business (communications) needs and requirements
- Manage, monitor and report on the project scope, budget, time and quality specifications and consolidates all project related quality issues
- Manage and report on the progress and consolidate all project related progress issues
- Take care of an overall project planning, budget estimations, project accounting and control
- Provide direction while ensuring compliance with ASML policies and standards
- Collaborate with the business owners, product owners, IT and other (communications) departments to arrange involvement of preferred suppliers (digital agencies)
- Support in selection (including RFP process), deployment, facilitation and management of project team members, project management support and external vendors/supplier
Business Performance Improvement (BPI) is a new sector focuses on cross-sector improvement initiatives that require ASML to look beyond the boundaries of roles and departments. BPI is developing the structure for ASML-wide prioritizing of our improvement initiatives and to assure handshakes with and between sectors such that all commit to deliver their part, making the total of these initiatives successful.
BPI started an initiative called Portfolio Management Tooling Business Improvement Tooling landscape with the following objective: An aligned view on tooling needed to support ASML wide non-product portfolio management, including an agreed implementation approach:
- Approved portfolio tooling landscape, including dependencies to other areas (e.g. enterprise architecture / capability planning), agreed data sources.
- Agreed implementation (incl. migration) plan to support the PFM community in moving towards this approved landscape.
- Stakeholder management plan (support) – with focus on the PFM community – to ensure portfolio management principles & requirements are translated in criteria for tooling selection and way of working guidelines.
You will be working within the BPI and IT teams, located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. You will report to the IT Group Lead Corporate and work together with several stakeholders from different departments at ASML.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Freelancer welcome to apply!
- Relevant bachelor or master degree e.g. (Technical) Business Administration
- 8+ years of relevant work experience as a senior Project Manager, driving complex projects in international environments
- Knowledge and experience of Jira, MS Projects and Office
- Experience with PPM tooling
- Knowledge of LEAN, Agile/SAFe, PMBoK/Prince2 is an advantage
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- If you have experience in selecting and implementing Portfolio Management Tooling, than we have a match.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Good relational skills, capable of handling cultural and political barriers
- Ability to work in a highly demanding and fast-changing technological environment
- Can build relationships with stakeholders ranging from senior management to communications and IT professionals
- Team player with a pro-active and communicative personality who is able to act and to ensure stakeholder satisfaction
- Ability to handle multiple demands and work on project management and operational level
- Strategic focus (helicopter view) combined with analytical thinking
- Ability to accurately complete task assignments and responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Understands the implications of different (technical) choices and is able to direct to the best solution