Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, Consultancy
About this vacancy
The Agile Transformation Program is recruiting experienced Agile Transformation Coaches who will work on the scaled agile transformation in the Research and Development (R&D) sector of ASML. Since the beginning of 2018, the foundation was laid to create a pull for Agile principles based upon the SAFe framework. Since then, all clusters (~13) started less or more with the adaption of agile principles. The program is aimed at implementing Agile principles, mindset, and ways of working into ASML Product Development, which means in software as in a hardware environment as well. The goal is to enable teams to deliver more value and increase our customer satisfaction in decreased development times.
Do you have a passion for (Scaled) Agile and Lean, combined with extensive experience in organizational transformation? Do you have experience in applying the agile mindset and methodologies in a hardware environment? Are you interested in being responsible for guiding (Sr) line management and engineers in adopting Agile principles and methods?
As agile transformation coach for hardware you will be the trusted partner for the agile cluster lead(s) and the senior managers of a hardware cluster (+/- 1000 – 1300 FTE) guiding them through this major change. A hardware cluster delivers mechanical, electrical, or mechatronic designs. You are also the sparring partner of people in Agile roles for all aspects of the transformation. The agile transformation coach is responsible for all deployment aspects within a cluster. He or she supports teams and leaders by facilitating events like burning platform, VSM, first PIPEs, guiding in implementing Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and delivering support in coaching of leaders and teams in agile mindset from operational till strategic level. As an agile transformation coach, you will respectfully challenge the status quo and act as a role model for agile thinking.
The main responsibilities of the agile transformation coach are: developing the Agile mindset and capabilities of the organization (training, coaching, challenge on agile principles), setting up (scaled) agile structures and roles and driving the business performance impact of the agile program. In alignment with the accountable Agile Cluster lead, you will:
- Set & agree transformation goals.
- Co-create the deployment strategy and roadmap towards self-sustaining organization (together with local change team).
- Challenge the change curve and support in the change story.
- Define success criteria and roles & responsibilities.
- You support the standing organization in founding a local Agile Center of Excellence (ACE)/ Agile Coaching Competence (ACC)
- Develop an agile capability plan for key roles, leaders and teams.
- Support and execute maturity assessments.
- Challenge progress regularly with your stakeholders.
- Creating an environment for teams and individuals to be able to continuously improve the Agile and DevOps ways of working.
- Support the acceleration of the program by connecting clusters in sharing good practices.
As an Agile transformation coach team member, you will:
- Share and inform the team about cluster transformation progress, bottlenecks and help requests.
- Support your colleagues proactively in the cluster or building each other’s expertise.
- Contribute to improvements to the ASML Development Model (ADM).
- Challenge your colleagues adapting the Agile principles in our own team.
- Improve our daily operations and participates in strategic steps.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model).
- Challenging assignments.
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office.
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach.
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance).
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven.
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture.
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals.
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or master degree. Experience in agile in a hardware development area is a prerequisite to be successful in this position. Relevant Agile certificates like SPC are recommended.
- 5+ years’ experience in (Agile) Organizational Transformation projects.
- 3+ years' experience in applying agile in a hardware development environment
- Knowledge of / experience in the most common Change Management theories & practices.
- Recognized authority & deep knowledge on agile and SAFe (and LEAN) principles
- Minimal 3 years’ experience being integral part of an (scaled) agile organization in a typical agile role (RTE, PO, CPO, SM)
- Needs to be able to adapt quickly ASML context and ‘live and breathe’ R&D w.o.w.
- Proven record of accomplishment of teaching, coaching and/or mentoring
- Having a strong cross-sectoral ASML network and being comfortable in working with ASML stakeholders in the matrix organization (group-, department-, sector-, project- and program level) is necessary in this job.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Candidates live and breathe AGILE and LEAN wow’s.
- A passion for continuous improvement and ‘to get things done’ mentality.
- Highly organized, capable of driving complex issues to simple and pragmatic solutions.
- Great networking skills, able to work & communicate at multiple levels of the organization
- Has cross-sectoral focus, creates links and involves others (departments, stakeholders).
- Inspires/motivates teams and individuals to engage in organizational changes
- Ability to observe team dynamics and coach and/or define improvements for better way of work.
- Is able to listen to others issues & able to connect to people at all levels by showing empathy.
- Actively gives and seeks constructive feedback, dares to have courageous conversations;
- Trustworthy and acts with integrity.
- Creative and proactive.