Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, Consultancy
About this vacancy
The Agile Transformation within ASML has made some serious steps over the last years. Starting from an IT perspective, more business domains are exploring this way of working. Since the beginning of 2018, the foundation was laid to create a pull for Agile principles based upon the SAFe framework. Since then, all clusters (~13) started less or more with the adaption of agile principles. The program is aimed at implementing Agile principles, mindset, and ways of working into ASML Product Development, which means in software as in a hardware environment as well. The goal is to enable teams to deliver more value and increase our customer satisfaction in decreased development times. Within the Customer Supply Chain (CSCM) department, the Service Business Applications teams are working closely with the different IT teams to deliver products and services to enable the CSCM Dream site to become 80% Predictive, 90% Automated, and 100% Circular.
Some of these business teams have started their Agile journey in early 2022 and need some more guidance/support and coaching to improve their own maturity, as well as coaching and guiding the stakeholders within and outside the CSCM domain. Do you have a passion for (Scaled) Agile and Lean, combined with extensive experience in organizational transformation? Are you interested in being responsible for guiding teams/line management and engineers in adopting Agile principles and methods?
- Direct Reporting line: Senior Manager CSI D&E Change Team – Part of the D&E Quality and Continuous Improvement Cluster.
- Functional reporting line: Program Lead Agile Transformation.
- The D&E Change Team drives the implementation of strategic and complex change initiatives into the D&E engineering organization. Team members combine a solid basis of project/program management, experience in driving behavioral change and ASML business knowledge.
As agile transformation coach, you will be the trusted partner for teams and the management of the department. You are also the sparring partner of people in Agile roles for all aspects of the transformation. The agile transformation coach is responsible for all deployment aspects within a cluster. The main responsibilities of the agile transformation coach are: developing the Agile mindset and capabilities of the organization (training, coaching, challenge on agile principles), setting up (scaled) agile structures and roles and driving the business performance impact of the agile program.
In alignment with the accountable Product Owners, you will:
- Co-create the deployment strategy and roadmap towards self-sustaining organization (together with local change team).
- Challenge the change curve and support in the change story.
- You support the standing organization in founding local Agile Center of Excellence (ACE)/ Agile Coaching Competence (ACC).
- Develop an agile capability plan for key roles, leaders and teams.
- Challenge progress regularly with your stakeholders.
- Creating an environment for teams and individuals to be able to continuously improve the Agile and DevOps ways of working.
- Support the acceleration of the program by connecting clusters in sharing good practices.
- Share and inform the team about cluster transformation progress, bottlenecks and help requests.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model).
- Challenging assignments.
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office.
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach.
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance).
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven.
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture.
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals.
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or master degree. Experience in agile in a hardware development area is preferred, but not necessary to be successful in this position. Relevant Agile certificates like SPC are recommended.
- 5+ years’ experience in (Agile) Organizational Transformation projects.
- Knowledge of / experience in the most common Change Management theories & practices.
- Recognized authority & deep knowledge on agile and SAFe (and LEAN) principles.
- Minimal 3 years’ experience being integral part of an (scaled) agile organization in a typical agile role (RTE, PO, CPO, SM).
- Needs to be able to adapt quickly ASML context and ‘live and breathe’ R&D w.o.w.
- Proven record of accomplishment of teaching, coaching and/or mentoring.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Candidates live and breathe AGILE and LEAN wow’s.
- A passion for continuous improvement and ‘to get things done’ mentality.
- Highly organized, capable of driving complex issues to simple and pragmatic solutions.
- Great networking skills, able to work & communicate at multiple levels of the organization.
- Has cross-sectoral focus, creates links and involves others (departments, stakeholders).
- Inspires/motivates teams and individuals to engage in organizational changes.
- Ability to observe team dynamics and coach and/or define improvements for better way of work.
- Actively gives and seeks constructive feedback, dares to have courageous conversations.