Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom, High Tech
About this vacancy
Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines that create the microchips for the latest and greatest electronic devices make you feel responsible and proud? Do you want to work in a challenging environment with highly motivated (committed, engaged) and highly skilled teams?
As a Senior Software Design Engineer for Sequence Tooling, you play a central role in the creation and maintenance of mission-critical software applications. You understand the application you work on in detail and are able to achieve maintainable software (architecture), which should be transparent and easy to extend. You also keep a strong focus on the software quality, working with a team of designers, developers, and testers.
The development group of Sequencing Tooling creates modern, web based applications for sequencing and recovery. These tools are used by ASML factory and field engineers to build, install, upgrade and repair the very complex ASML products more efficiently. This is achieved by creating optimized work plans and by supporting operators in the execution of those plans. The tools created by the department thus play an important role in achieving operational excellence and are recognized as such by the highest levels of management. You will be application specialist, software architect and senior developer for the Sequence Runner (SQR) application, the software tool that operators cleanrooms use to execute the carefully prepared action plans.
The SQR team is an agile team consisting of designers, developers and testers, part of a SAFe program. The team has multiple nationalities working both onsite and remote. All communication and documentation is in English. The SQR product is used by many hundreds of people already and is being rolled out to production facilities world-wide. High quality and integration with other applications is key.
Within the SQR team, you take initiative to refine functional stories into clearly defined technical definitions that can be estimated and built. You will work with a Product Owner, Designers, Architects and Product Project leaders. In this position, you will act as Senior Developer. You apply software engineering practices such as requirements engineering (user story definition), object-oriented analysis and design, implementation in Java, testing, and integration.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Knowledge and proven experience in developing software in an object-oriented way using Java is a must. Preferably, you also have experience with working in an Agile/scrum way. The following list of technologies, frameworks, are used in the team that you are joining, and it is therefore considered highly preferable if you have proficiency with one or more items below.
- Knowledge and proven experience with design patterns like event sourcing, CQRS and the multi-reactor pattern.
- Reactive Programming using RxJava2
- Linux (bash shell or any other shell)
- CI/CD (Maven/Bamboo)
Nice to have:
- Jave EE
- Experience in testing with the ROBOT Framework
- Experience with frontend frameworks (SAP UI5)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team player who can also act independently with high degree of autonomy
- Organization, flexibility and capability to communicate on all levels
- Desire and ability to understand and own the application in detail
- Ability to determine solution directions and structural improvements
- Able to guide other developers as a senior application specialist
- Resists the temptation to overengineer a solution
- Knows how to plan and prioritize
- Proactive attitude
- Desire to invest in personal development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English