Secondment with contracting
Energy, Gas, Water
About this vacancy
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Our products have made a valuable difference for our clients for the past 100 years, and we are now looking for a Project Coordinator, who will join our team and will support in making a valuable difference in the century to come. The Project Coordinator is responsible for guiding and coordinating all installation and commissioning activities (I&C) and will be a sparring partner for the Project Manager on I&C related matters.
What needs to be done?
- Coordination of Installation & Commissioning projects
- Building a strong relationship with key customers all over the world with consideration of intercultural differences
- Pro-actively oversee the impact of the New Build contract on I&C activities and work on issues that may arise in this phase
- Provide adequate support to the Field Service Engineers
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate. Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
What will you get in return?
You will get the chance to develop yourself towards being a commercial and technical sparring partner for Project Managers and Sales in a team with a good atmosphere and dedicated colleagues. You will work at a company that is certified as a Top Employer by the Top Employer Institute and get the chance to develop and realize new improvements, meet customers, have technical discussions and celebrate achieving milestones of a project in a team with a good atmosphere and dedicated colleagues. We offer an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization with freedom to act and the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development. We offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position combined with an extensive package of fringe benefits.
What do you need to bring?
- Pro-active, being able to see future problems and able to address these to the right person
- Relevant technical background (Bachelor degree preferred) and knowledge of rotating equipment
- +/- 5 years of experience in Oil & Gas in a technical position
- Experience with coordinating in high demanding environment and in communicating on different management levels
- Customer focus
- An open and engaging communication style
- Team player and a self-starter
- Flexibility, no 9-5 mentality
- Fluent English language skills