Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Due to growth, of our client we are looking for candidates for the Special Engineering department of this superyacht builder.
- As a Senior Engineer it is important to ensure a coordinated, integrated, high-quality and timely elaboration of the final design. You do this together with your fellow engineers, whom you provide functional leadership. Your team takes care of, among other things, the detailed engineering, 3D models and various datasheets.
- Making a technical assessment regarding the manufacturability and feasibility of the yacht to be built in consultation with other disciplines.
- Providing support to the Lead Engineer and Project Manager Engineering in establishing the scope and planning.
- Identifying technical bottlenecks and proposing possible (interdisciplinary) solutions and arguments to substantiate choices.
- In addition, as a Senior Engineer you are involved in onboarding new colleagues, improving quality standards and building knowledge and innovation within the field. The Senior Engineers we are looking for contribute to the development of the department and thus the organization as a whole.
A shipyard specialized in custom build mega yachts.
- Excellent salary.
- 25 vacation days + 13 ADV.
- Great possibilities for growth and development.
- Bachelor in Shipbuilding, Mechanical engineering or comparable.
- For this position, we ask to have experience with the different parts of the construction process in ship/yacht building.
- Knowledge of production techniques and experience with manufacturability of parts to be engineered is important.
- For this position it is necessary that you master the English language and that you are computer-literate with, among other things, the CAD drawing package, NX, Team Center and other basic routines.
- Moreover, knowledge of relevant regulations such as Lloyd's, Solas and the Large Yacht Code is an advantage.