Secondment with contracting
Energy, Gas, Water, Industrial
About this vacancy
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Our products have made a valuable difference for our clients for the past 100 years, and we are now looking for a Planner Operations who will join our Planning Operations team and will support us in making a valuable difference in the century to come. As Planner Operations, you are involved in the entire project in the assembly process, from start to end. You support and work closely with various departments within Howden as well as with external suppliers, both technical and organizational. Process optimization is an important part of daily activities. You will report to the Manager Shop.
What needs to be done?
- Coordinate subcontract activities, e.g. painting, pickling and passivating and machining at external suppliers
- Prepare, plan and coordinate activities in preparation of building compressors from drawings, quality plans and specifications to establish efficient working practices an operating procedures for assembly, welding and external operations
- Reduce disturbances
- Have daily team meetings to discuss project progress and material planning
- Improve processes when necessary or possible in consultation with the Manager Shop and Process Engineer
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in. Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
What will you get in return?
You will get the chance to develop and realize new improvements and work on a challenging product in the hydrogen market. You will be part of a team with a good atmosphere and dedicated colleagues. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development and of course, an attractive salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position.
- Technical education on mbo+ or hbo-level
- A few years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- Experience or affinity with process optimization (Lean)
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Knowledge of assembling complex machinery, welding and E&I
- Fluency in Dutch and English is required
- As a personality, you have a no-nonsense mentality, are able to handle the day to day hectic and are able to work under pressure. You are pro-active, transparent, take initiative and think in process improvement