Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Are you challenged by leading a team of enthusiastic Material Handlers and taking ownership for your part of the implementation of new and/or improved logistic processes within a challenging organization as EUV Manufacturing? Are you passionate about improving logistic work procedures within the factory and achieving the desired results based on your lean knowledge and analytical skills? Are you the Team Lead that can motivate our Material Handlers to keep up with progress, growth and innovation? Then we would like to meet you!
The sector EUV Factory is responsible for the production of EUV lithographic systems. The complete production process of the most advanced machines takes place within the EUV Factory in Veldhoven. Within the EUV Factory, the Production Logistics department is responsible for all logistic processes and planning within the EUV factory.
The Material Handler Team Lead reports to the Manager Production Logistics and works closely with his colleague Team Leaders within the EF Production Logistics department, ensuring overall efficient logistics production processes. In addition, she or he works together with various other team leaders responsible for building modules and systems, as well as testing and dismantling these systems. Currently, our department consists of over 70 hard-working colleagues. The Team Lead will be responsible for a team of approximately 15 Material Handlers.
Material Handlers and Material Runners are mainly responsible for material availability of the inbound material flow, inventory efficiency and quality of the outbound flow including parts, tools and packaging. As a Team Lead for the Material Handlers your mission is to support your team to allow them to do their job to the best of their abilities, whilst keeping overview of the processes, making analysis based on the Lean 4C's method of problem-solving and driving the implementation of improvements to create a smarter way of working.
As a Material Handling Team Lead, your main responsibilities are:
- Manage a team in the shift, including target setting, end year reviews, setup development actions plans, coach individual team members and define and monitor required training
- Create analysis based on the 4C's problem-solving method to constantly strive for improvements
- Norm review, make budget via CRP (Capacity Resource Planning) model to realize the agreed targets
- Secure timely availability of materials for production work orders
- Drive projects to further develop and implement the Material Handling and Material Runner processes in alignment with the factory logistics competence centre
- Setup skill carrousels and create or update work instructions accordingly
- Maintain internal customer contact and set the right priorities within the team
- Define and/or improve reporting and monitoring via KPI dashboard
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
- Bachelor in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration. Master degree holders are considered if the motivation for this position is clear.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ relevant experience within production environment (high-tech environment) and 3 year management experience
- Experience with planning and logistic processes
- Experience with project management and stakeholder management
- Proven experience in driving change using problem-solving methods such as 4C's
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP system
We are looking for highly motivated candidates who are:
- Assertive and proactive
- Analytical and solution oriented
- Team players with excellent social and communication skills
- Flexible and highly committed
- Dutch language skills are preferred due to the stakeholders involved