Secondment with contracting
About this vacancy
This position reports into the Manager Engineering and is part of the Post-Order organization. The incumbent is taking care of the work preparation for ATO (Assembly to Order) and/or MTS (Make to Stock) orders, in accordance with applicable procedures and guidelines, so that the information package for production (assembly and inspection) is available in a timely manner.
Analysis and advice
- Analysing information received from the client, checking for completeness and, if necessary, discussing and/or requesting additional information
- Advising and providing technical support to various internal departments with regard to mechanical and/or electrical execution, manufacturability and feasibility, costs and availability of materials
- Compiling an information package for production (assembly and inspection): electrical diagrams supplemented with mechanical engineering drawings, provided with instructions where necessary
- Checking availability of digital information on the network for production assembly (drawings, schematics and customer specifications)
- Start-up purchase order advice for the orders to be executed
- Drawing using 2D and 3D CAD of simple construction technical solutions under the supervision of the responsible Mechanical or Electrical Engineer
Our clients mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. They provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work takes the passion of every employee around the world. They create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. The 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. There are approximately 85,000 employees.
Our client makes work exciting, engaging and meaningful for the employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. The culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. They pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Our client have demonstrated the passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. Ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. Confidence that can be delivered on the promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that the employees embody.
They are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Competitive working conditions and professional growth opportunities!
- Associate Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of installation and electrical engineering
- Knowledge of Production organization and management systems
- Products Package
- Mounting and Wiring Techniques
- Applicable procedures, company rules, guidelines, (national and international) laws and regulations, norms and standards, safety, quality and environmental regulations
- The PC and software installed on it (2D and 3D CAD systems, word processing, spreadsheet, database and ERP software)
- Dutch and English language skills (verbal/writing)
- Applicable (international) norms, standards, procedures, guidelines, company rules