Secondment with contracting
Engineering, Energy, Gas, Water
About this vacancy
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Our products have made a valuable difference for our clients for the past 100 years, and we are now looking for a Mechanical Engineer who will join our Revamp team and will support in making a valuable difference in the century to come. The Mechanical Engineer plays a key role in the engineering of our Revamp projects reciprocating compressors for our customers in various markets.
What needs to be done?
- Engineering for revamp projects on reciprocating and centrifugal compressors within pre-defined scope, budget, time and quality specifications.
- Work together with highly skilled and experienced colleagues in a project team to deliver excellent revamp projects.
- Seek, propose, try, evaluate and implement improvements on our products and processes.
- You will develop your skills as being part of a growing department and you will work on variety of projects and products.
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in.
Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
What will you get in return?
You will work at a company that is certified as a Top Employer by the Top Employer Institute and get the chance to develop and realize new improvements, meet customers, have technical discussions and celebrate achieving milestones of a project in a team with a good atmosphere and dedicated colleagues. We offer an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization with freedom to act and the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development. We offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position combined with an extensive package of fringe benefits. We offer a Hybrid Working policy that provides the opportunity to work from your home office up to 3 days per week.
What do you need to bring?
- Education in Mechanical Engineering or similar;
- Proven experience in working with Autodesk Inventor;
- Knowledge of reciprocating compressors is not a must but preferred;
- An open and engaging communication style;
- Thinking out of the box, creative mindset with a customer focus;
- Team player and a self-starter;
- Hands-on and drive to learn and develop;
- Fluency in English, Dutch language skills are a plus.