Secondment via YER, Contract with Client, Secondment with contracting
About this vacancy
Introduction to the job
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical design expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering discipline? If so, then the job of Mechanical Design Engineer for Linear Actuators / Magnetic Drives / Voice coil Actuators at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Role and responsibilities
Your job mission is to contribute to the development of high tech products by designing, creating and testing sub-systems within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations. You will be working on the design of Linear & Voice coil actuators and Linear Magnetic Drives, creating designs with a small team of mechanical experts in project setting. Continuously improving quality of actuator designs. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of actuators (linear actuators / voice coil / magnet yokes / cooling plates), working together with the architect, lead engineer, team lead and (jr) designers, to enable reliable, stable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture actuators.
- Specifies and designs the precision parts for different actuators
- Has knowledge of manufacturing processes of actuators and linear magnetic drives (such as coil winding, brazing, laser welding, potting, precision machining)
- Is concerned with the application of precision mechanical construction principles
- Realizes the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests
- Designs and realizes test equipment and appliances and is responsible for ensuring that prototypes are built and tests are carried out
- Is responsible for the technical product documentation
- Is contribution to competence development for actuators
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Education & experience
- Master or experienced Bachelor in mechanical engineering
- At least 3-5 years of relevant working experience
- Experience in design in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment
- Expert knowledge of precision engineering, and specialist on one or more of the mentioned sub-domains (magnets, coils, actuator design, electrical discharge, thermal behavior, production techniques)