Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
We are Applications - a novel business line within ASML, one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology. We create full-stack software products that run in the most modern Semiconductor Fabs in the world, and we are always pushing the boundary of what is possible. We are looking for talented Software Test Engineers to join the team responsible for software that keeps the machines in Semiconductor Fabs perfectly calibrated during ongoing production.
On a macro level, they take the lead in clarifying the understanding of requirements by all parties involved, by clearly defining why and what are the requirements, and expressing how the requirements are met.
On a micro level, Test Engineers design and implement tests that check the quality and functionality of products, while also coaching the team in quality and testability. They participate in all phases of development, from determining the test approach and procedure to troubleshoot and report errors, to communicating recommendations for improvement to the rest of the product development team.
On an even broader scope, the Test Engineer will cooperate with the Test Architect and represent the team in the Test Community gatherings to exchange ideas, experiences and solutions!
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Skills and Qualifications
- Software Test engineering knowledge – bachelor’s or master's degree in Software Engineering or similar with 5+ years of experience in defining and automating software tests and the generation of test reports; suggest process/tooling improvements where necessary
- Proficiency with testing – should be familiar with several testing techniques and tools, as well as be able to interpret results
- Requirements analysis – should be able to help domain experts and developers produce clear, efficient and effective requirements together
- Troubleshooting – should be able to spot the issues and perform root cause analysis
- Creativity – should be able to envision different scenario variations and adapt the solution to the project’s needs and limitations
- Communication – should be able to put information out clearly and concisely
- Knack for learning – should be open to learning, as the domain is extremely specific and innovative technologies are constantly integrated
- Healthy mindset – Should have an open and inclusive mindset
Tools and knowledge
- Testing tools (e.g., Cucumber, Junit, Selenium, Jest, Mocha, Cypress)
- Frameworks and practices (e.g., Agile, Scrum, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, Example Mapping, Microservices)
- Application Life-cycle Management tools knowledge (e.g., Polarion, Quality Center)
- Nice-to-have development tools knowledge: Maven, Git, Spring, React, Docker
- Nice-to-have ASML domain knowledge