Marketing & Communication
Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
About this vacancy
In ASML’s most important business transformation program, we are working on solutions to improve business processes and systems, end to end. The Senior Internal Communications Specialist is part of a larger Communications Team that is working on multiple communication assignments across the program. The Senior Internal Communications Specialist is responsible for developing end-user centric communication plans, executing the underlying communication deliverables and providing hands-on communication support to business adoption teams and project teams. You work closely together with change managers, project managers and business adoption leaders. You will collaborate with the Internal Communication colleagues working in the departments that are impacted by the project. It's a full time, temporary assignment, starting at the end of June and lasting 5 to 6 months.
Your role as part of the ONE Communications Team is to support the business adoption of the solutions developed in this program. This means you will prepare the strategic and operational communications to support the adoption by different target audiences, eventually impacting almost everyone across ASML. In this role you have various stakeholders: the Organizational Change Manager in the project; the Project Lead; the business adoption leaders; local communications experts and/or Internal Communications Business Partners. Your role is to enable all these stakeholders to deliver consistent communications.
You will plan, carry out, measure and evaluate communications initiatives, create written and multimedia content through collaboration with your project team or using suppliers, and support the change manager, project lead and business adoption leader with their communications needs. You have the responsibility to deliver the communication plan and execute it, and this requires you to work independently, but you are also part of a bigger program and will have to align your activities across the program and across you audiences. To align you efforts with the wider program, you team up with the ONE communications team.
Concretely, in this role you will:
- Deliver a comms plan, develop and deliver communication deliverables and hands-on communication support for the impacted audience(s), as part of the change plan that is designed to support the adoption of the projects) across ASML.
- Your comms plan fits in the overall comms strategy for the ONE program and your deliverables meet the quality standards set by the ONE communications team.
- You align your plans and key story with the comms team to make sure it reinforces the communications of the entire program, and that it integrates with the communication in the business (planning, messages, tone of voice and use of channels).
- You test and align your execution deliverables with the departments that are impacted.
- You use the communication channels and cadence best suited to your audiences, and if needed create and manage your own channels.
- You execute your plans and deliver the key change story to the departments adopting the solutions, collaborating with both the project teams and the business adoption teams.
Our New Enterprise (ONE) is an ambitious change program, delivering solutions for end-to-end business processes, like configuration management and the IT infrastructure to support these (like SAP). You will be working with a team of organizational change specialists, and with change and communications experts across ASML, enabling and aligning the communication about the adoption of all solutions delivered by the program. Within the change team, you work in the ONE communications team led by the ONE Communications Lead. Together, you are part of one of the corporate Internal Communications teams, reporting to the team lead, who in turn reports to the Director Global Internal Communications.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits.
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office.
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture.
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals.
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- There is also the possibility of being hired as a freelancer.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Journalism
- Proven knowledge of internal communications channels and hands-on communications delivery
- 7-10 years' proven experience and track record in developing and implementing internal communications plans in an international environment
- Experience within an engineering field and affinity with the engineering mindset are considered an advantage
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Successfully support change programs and projects: Be open to change and executes given tasks to support change programs. Understands why/what/how the change will impact employees and organization and can translate into recommendations in own area.
- Focus on delivering value, create impact, deliver tangible business outcomes for ASML and (internal) customers: Aware of the comms objectives in projects and realizes project deliverables as agreed. Intakes demand and advises how to execute and manage expectations. Takes initiative and responsibility to drive the execution.
- Creative Writing & Presentation skills; Including internal news, scripts, scenarios, videos etc.; presentation support, stage work: Comfortable with writing style that effectively informs. Secure grasp of English spelling, grammar, writing mechanics, and punctuation.
- Pro-actively share information (up & down), strong and effective communications: Communicates the status and completion of assignments in timely fashion. Clear, concise, professional and thorough in communication.
- Technology and Audience understanding: Has an affinity with technology, understands the engineering process and can tune communications to resonate with an audience known for its no-nonsense, plain speaking and ‘getting things done’ approach.
- Critical thinking & analytical skills, deals with complexity, information processing: Awareness of complexity and actively seeks explanation. Regularly goes through ‘What if’ scenarios.
- Planning & measurement abilities: Plans own work and assigned projects. Understands tools and technologies that drive data analysis and measurement and applies them. Starts prioritizing while executing plan. Recognizes power and relevance of measurement. Proposes metrics to improve.
- ASML cultural sensitivity (multi-cultural, results driven, entrepreneurial, assertive, resilient, caring/inclusive): Checks if the activity is set up for a multi-cultural audience and meets our values. Drives adjustments to meet the standards of a multi-cultural audience and our values.