Contract with Client
Sales & Marketing, Engineering
About this vacancy
Are you an experienced Business Development Manager with relevant sales experience in the Power & Water Industry (preferably Renewables)? And do you have a strong technical interest with knowledge of Power and Water plant operations, processes, and management? Then you must seize this opportunity!
As a Business Development Manager, you’ll be responsible for the development of sales in Benelux for customer accounts in the Power & Water Market, specifically Renewables (Wind, Biomass/Waste-to-Energy), Gas-fired Power plants & Retrofits of gas turbines.
On one hand, you will realize this responsibility by developing new, profitable customer accounts within the Power & Water Industry. Hence, you will actively visit Power & Water Market customers to promote product lines, the entire product portfolio, and services.
On the other hand, you will realize this responsibility by increasing the customer penetration in the existing portfolio, by strategically building and expanding relations. Hence, you will operate as a Subject-Matter Expert to understand customer business drivers and demonstrate the linkage between products/solutions to customers’ needs and business objectives. Further, you will become successful by fulfilling the following tasks and responsibilities:
- You create a sales account plan for your area
- You are successful in achieving the agreed bookings target
- You coordinate complex cross-division sales projects
- You manage sales cycles from lead to closure
- You prepare and execute product presentations
- You provide a timely report on customer requirements, booking status, competition, and market trends
- You offer technical support to internal teams and external customers: you work as a liaison between the sales, propels, and operations teams for all project pursuits and proposals
Emerson Automation Solutions is a leader in helping process and discrete manufacturers automate and optimize production processes through their best-in-class technologies and industry expertise. They have the most complete automation portfolio in the industry with the depth of services to back it up. Their network of global industry centers and industry and application experts take on the toughest challenges. Anytime. Anywhere.
As a Business Development Manager at Emerson, you’ll be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package, including a bonus, company car, 32 paid leave days and development opportunities.
For Emerson, we are looking for a Business Development Manager with business acumen. You are interpersonal savvy, enabling you to perform cross-functional activities and to work as a liaison between several teams and departments. You have excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills, formed by experience and education. Further, you meet the following criteria:
- At least 5 years of relevant sales experience in the Power & Water Industry (preferably including Renewables) in the Benelux
- At least a completed technical bachelor’s degree (e.g., Process-/Chemical Technology, Mechanical Engineering, and/or Electronic Engineering)
- Relevant experience in both engineering and sales/marketing activities, with an emphasis on control systems and/or process operation
- Strong technical skills and background in the Power & Water marketplace, with knowledge of Power and Water plant operations, processes, and management including an understanding of distributed control systems
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language
- Willingness to travel as much time as the business and people management requires throughout Benelux and occasionally in Europe