Contract with Client
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Are you looking for a career within a fast-growing international fleet management company? Do you have Bid- or Proposal management experience? Then you might be the person we are looking for! In this role, you are based at the HQ in Amsterdam and report directly to the Head of Sales.
- Collaborate with Enterprise account managers to create content-rich, compelling and competitive commercial proposals in response to new customer opportunities in Europe
- Identify and manage cross border opportunities by current customer data analysis. Distribute and track leads to local account management
- Perform the qualification process properly and in a timely manner to arrive at a well-founded Go/No Go decision
- Drawing up a tender plan in collaboration with team members (analysis of opportunities, risks, determination of strategy)
- Monitor progress (including on time, quality, budget, capacity, opportunities and risks and scope)
- Maintaining contacts with those involved such as management, finance, specialists, sales & account management, pricing, management and any external subcontractors and partners
- Maintaining multiple tender platforms to identify relevant opportunities across Europe
- Maintain and upgrade standardized Bid Management process descriptions and best practices
- Writing, drafting, editing and ultimately submitting tender documents
- Evaluation and optimization of the tender process
Webfleet Solutions is one of the world’s leading telematics solution providers, dedicated to fleet management and connected car services. With their Software-as-a-Service solution WEBFLEET they are helping more than 50,000 customers worldwide to increase their fleet efficiency by improving vehicle and fleet performance, saving fuel and reducing CO2 emissions. Webfleet Solutions is part of Bridgestone Europe, a subsidiary of Bridgestone corporation, a leader in advanced solutions and sustainable mobility. Together with their team of 800 employees in 16 countries, they make a difference in the telematics industry while influencing tomorrow’s mobility by developing state-of-the-art technology and delivering world-class services to their customers.
The stakes are high, making this a demanding, impactful and highly visible role acting as a stepping stone to further commercial, financial or managerial career opportunities. Excellent remunerations come with this position.
- Commercially savvy: business acumen, common sense and interpersonal skills to practically apply this expertise to real world situations
- A successful Bid Manager has the mental agility to reconcile the often conflicting requirements of good Governance (minimizing the risks of the company), compelling commercial offerings (winning the business versus highly skilled and motivated competitors), and being easy to work with for their customer
- Strong personality, with natural ability to influence and work effectively with all hierarchical levels of an organization – both internally (e.g. aligning various stakeholders on common goals and activities) as externally (e.g. with customer Purchasing and Legal organizations to negotiate out legal agreements). Don’t take this lightly: frankly it’s not for everyone
- Self-starter with a passion for results. Has a sense of urgency, takes initiative and motivates people to contribute to a result. Is intrinsically motivated even when facing resistance
- Conceptual thinker who can turn learning into practical process changes. Able to capture best practices and use them to drive continuous improvements in the processes and software tools they use
- Ability to constantly learn and stay on top of changes in their technology, products and business models. Previous Bid Management experience or exposure to a complex environment is a plus
- Fluent in English, Dutch, French, German is an asset
- IT/New technologies enthusiastic
What do the best people in this role do differently than the average person?
- Bring people together and make them work effectively towards a common goal, through influencing in a multi-functional team setting as opposed to hierarchical settings
- Combine doing with improving. Is out there every day making it happen, but also takes a regular step back to reflect on and improve their ways of working
- Voraciously curious. Constantly learning about the business, products, personalities, customers, sales pitches