Secondment via YER, Secondment with contracting
About this vacancy
ASML is hiring! Can you independently function as a project coordinator and smoothly run about 20 packaging projects at the same time? Do you like to work in a multi-disciplinary team? Share and convince your ideas about the best integral packaging solutions with the team? Be the first point of contact for your ASML colleagues related to packaging? Be the sparring partner for the farm-out development parties related to packaging? Then the job as packaging coordinator might be the right one!
As a packaging coordinator you are working in the packaging team of the handling and transport (H&T) department. The packaging team is responsible for all system shipment packaging, and all relevant service and tool packaging. Packaging requests deviate from simple cardboard boxes up to complex constructions providing damping systems to protect the fragile parts of ASML. As packaging coordinator you are the spider in the web and binding factor between the (internal) customer at ASML and the codevelopers, and make sure the right packaging is defined and on time for first shipment!
As a packaging coordinator you are responsible to set up a list of requirements (packaging performance specification) for the product to be packed. This includes a packaging proposal. All of these requirements are well-substantiated and cross-sectoral agreed. The packaging development is outsourced to an external party. As packaging coordinator your task is to coordinate the project from the first design review until the final implementation release for volume. Your key tasks are:
- Determine and align packaging requirements cross-sectional.
- Monitor if all the requirements are met.
- Assure that the design complies with the H&T strategy.
- Be the first contact person for projects and co-developers.
- Supervision of individual (outsourced) projects.
- Monitor individual planning for each project.
- Assure quality standards are met (review designs and tests).
- A packaging coordinator is typically responsible for 15 to 25 projects. All in different phases.
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the department Mechanical Development (MDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization and qualification of mechanical functions and modules within these products. You are situated in the H&T packaging department within the previously mentioned D&E and MDEV cluster and sector. You have to secure the competence, vision and strategy according to H&T guidelines. As packaging coordinator you are allocated to one or (max) two different module project team(s). You support this team to guide the packaging development from A to Z. You will report to your H&T manager (Team Lead),
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth. ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel. If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.
Bachelor in one of the following studies: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Industrial Engineering.
There are no constraints on working experience. The following items are a plus:
- Broad technical knowledge and interest of mechanics, safety, ergonomics and logistics.
- Some years of experience and affinity with packaging.
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary design teams.
- Communicative: Make facts, ideas and/or opinions clear to others, by using clear and correct language, gestures and non-verbal communication. You are able to adapt the subject to the listener.
- Organized: Determine goals and priorities in an effective way. Plan and pro-active monitor the necessary time, actions and action holders to achieve the goal.
- Collaborative: Contribute to a joint result through optimal coordination between one's own qualities and interests and those of a group or colleague.
- Convincingly: convincing others to get approval for plans, concepts and/or proposals.
- Decisive: Dare to take decisions or actions, even when not all knowledge is available with regard to the consequences and / or alternatives.
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch is a pre).