Secondment with contracting
About this vacancy
Is it your strength to figure out the best way to manufacture and service our machines in the factory and field and formulate requirements on designs and tools to support this? Do you understand how to influence a design to avoid unnecessary production disruption and improve serviceability? Then the job of Manufacturing and Equipment Engineer for Tooling might be just the one for you!
You will be working in the MD DE IND C Tools ME EE Industrialization department, where you are responsible for the tools and design requirements needed to build and service our machines in the factory and field to reduce downtime.
In particular you will:
- Deliver manufacturability and serviceability related to input for tool (re)designs
- Review tool concepts and detailed tool designs
- Join tool (safety) risk assessments
- Review technical product documentation for tools
- Support the budgeting and ordering of tool prototype(s)
- Join test of tool prototype and ensure open issues are solved in the design
- Define SAP settings to enable management of tools (e.g., maintenance)
- Support factory and field (e.g. tool registration, trouble shoot, call-out)
- Prepare and give trainings to factory and install/service engineers
- Hand-over tools to internal customers (Production Engineer / Customer Support Engineer)
- Drive tool cost reduction and tool related process improvements
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth. ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department mechanical department is responsible for providing mechanical and thermal architecture solutions focusing on cost of ownership, serviceability, manufacturability and early supplier involvement.
What can you expect from ASML?
- An opportunity to work in a high tech company where you work on the edge of what is technological possible
- An open work environment with young and talented people
- A place with lots of career opportunities and international potential
- A company where creativity and initiative is rewarded
- Excellent working conditions
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or master’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or physics or similar studies
- At least 3 years of experience in defining tooling concepts for complex machinery
- At least 3 years of experience in working with multi-disciplinary projects
- Hands on experience in the field of mechanics
- Experience with ASML or the semiconductor industry is an advantage
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following personal skills:
- Broad technical and business knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Get-on and can do mentality, plenty of initiative
- Focused on quality, and continuous improvement
- Team player with good social and communication skills