Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, Engineering, High Tech
About this vacancy
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. ASML employs around 31000 employees, has offices in US, Asia and Europe and is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
As ASML is growing rapidly, the Corporate IT Shared Services Team is maturing its team to establish Mendix application development as one of its core focus to maximize the business value that IT generates. Bringing value through, speed, quality and agility to our business with this platform is what we strive for. You will be joining the ASML Mendix Team as a lead developer who is responsible of leading Mendix projects on the delivery side , as well as executing Mendix platform and competence related activities to help Mendix Competence team grow in maturity. The main objective is to utilize Mendix development through best practices, guidelines and agreed architecture to deliver apps faster to the business, and guide Mendix developers to maximize the value of the platform capability.
- You will report to the manager of the IT Corporate Shared Services.
- ASML IT has recently started the Agile IT transformation journey. This means that current traditional reporting structures are subject to change.
- Conduct intakes with the business to understand and estimate the demand, check the feasibility.
- Decide upon and design Mendix application architecture to be followed during development.
- Enhance best practices and guidelines to be used in Mendix app development.
- Understand the app value.
- Embrace and promote re-usability over silos.
- Invest in people and know how to help them improve their skills, both on a technical and personal level.
- Are a team player and have a positive attitude. Even when things go wrong.
- Inspire your team to experiment and take(calculated) risks, because you know this is how people grow. When things fail, don’t look for someone to blame. Take responsibility and use your energy to fix the problem at hand and allow the team to learn from it. Of course, don’t fix the same bug twice.
- Have excellent communication skills, both talking and listening. You can explain complicated technical matters in a simple manner.
- Have a keen eye for detail, but you never lose sight of the bigger picture.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth. ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model).
- Challenging assignments.
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office.
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach.
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance).
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven.
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture.
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals.
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (for example in Information Technology).
- At least 3 years of experience in a lead role in an international complex matrix organization, you know what is needed to work in an organization with high performing teams.
- 3-5 years of Mendix hands-on development experience in projects.
- Hands on experience with different cloud environments, understanding integration concepts, patterns and protocols, understanding hybrid application landscape.
- Relevant experience in working in SAFe / Agile SCRUM and DevOps environment, preferably certified SAFe / Agile.
- Background in running delivery as well as operations, either from one team as DevOps or with experience in a differently organized delivery / run organization.
- Experience in complex stake holder management with global senior leaders and ability to form long lasting relationships with them and other colleagues.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Have a proven track record in delivering custom software solutions in enterprise environments, of which 3 years of Mendix development experience in a lead role.
- Need to have at least Mendix Advanced Certified.
- Have a good understanding of technologies like SQL, BPMN, MDD and possibly Java (you don't have to be a coder, but a general understanding is definitely a plus).
- Can define and create application design and architecture.
- Master estimation, scoping and sizing of solutions.
- Being a player coach to your peers in the App Factory development teams.
- High-energy professional that loves to engage with customers and peers to drive innovation.
- Have a passion for technology and possess strong problem-solving and analytical skill.
- Have experience working in agile environment.
- Have experience building custom integration with web services and REST APIs.
- A Computer Science or related technical degree is desired.
- Proactive, energetic and can-do mindset.
- Motivated and enthusiastic to enable team growth.
- Capable in dealing with change in own role and environment.
- Excellent communicator - fluent in written and verbal business English.
- Good inter-personal skills, team builder and facilitating / serving leader.
- Ability to prioritize key issues in a high demanding and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and be the example to the team on how to deal with it.
- Developing individuals is what you stand for.
- Strong customer focus, outcome-based delivery ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Leadership capability, responsibility and authority, can deal with resistance.
- Well-developed consultancy skills combined with hands-on mentality.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Customer success first.
- Automation first attitude.