Secondment with contracting
About this vacancy
Are you eager to further develop your technical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the-art technology innovation? If so, then the job of Lead Engineer at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Take ownership for the specification, design, and qualification of precision tools enabling manufacturing, qualification, and field service of ASML modules. The tools are expected to be reliable, safe, contamination-free, cost-effective, and easy to manufacture and service within the restrictions imposed by costs and planning considerations.
The Lead Engineer reports to the group manager for Manufacturing and Service Tooling and is operational within (multidisciplinary) projects.
As a Lead Engineer you are responsible for realization of precision tooling, ensuring to meet the specifications in terms of safety, reliability, stability, contamination, cost-effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability. You continuously improve the quality of the design and interface cross-project with other lead engineers and architects
- Set-up specifications w.r.t. tooling for functional requirements in the area of manufacturing and service.
- Create and validate new concepts; make sure there is consensus with stakeholders
- Comply to precision mechanical construction principles and competence standards
- Prepare and commit to planning for tooling, matching the project needs
- Optimize the design, with a team of designers
- Establish supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability
- Define and execute qualification tests, verifying the tooling performance compared to the specifications
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering, and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth. ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
Above average conditions.
Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering
- At least 6 years of relevant working experience
- Track record of applying precision mechanical construction principles and generating new designs and technical concepts
- At least 2 years of experience in leading design teams up to 10 design engineers
- Excellent knowledge in the field of manufacturability of mechanical parts and of designing on stiffness
- Skilled in technical, correct and effective communication with suppliers
- Experienced in 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX)
- Experienced in evaluating FEM / mechanical analysis results. Optional: Experienced in working with FEM and analytic tools, like NX structure, ANSYS, Matlab, Mathcad
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of tooling design
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Helicopter view (zoom in – zoom out)
- Eager to drive own development
- Fluent in English, eager to learn Dutch (if applicable)