Contract with Client
About this vacancy
Are you able to juggle a variety of tasks and work in a dynamic environment, liaising with senior management, (investment) specialists, auditors, and other stakeholders? Do you know what the challenges and complexities of an asset manager are? And are you able to translate these challenges into an effective internal control environment? Then you must seize this opportunity! For Robeco, we are looking for an Operational Risk Manager (Control & Assurance).
As Operational Risk Manager, you are responsible for maintaining the control framework, with a focus on IT. You are responsible for the improvement and structural monitoring of control testing performed by management. You create management reports of internal control. You are a pro-active advisor that levels with management whilst safeguarding alignment with the Robeco Framework.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- You (re)design risk policies and procedures
- You create management reports on internal control
- You develop IT internal control training and awareness activities
- You coordinate Sox 404 and ISAE 3402 related activities
You will be part of a team of 10 ambitious and highly skilled risk specialists. Team members have distinct areas of expertise and responsibility and can work independently. At the same time, however, the breadth of Robeco’s activities and the relatively small size of the team require teamwork with team members functioning as each other’s backup. The ORM department is divided into three sub-teams: Risk Monitoring, Control & Assurance, and Incident Management. This vacancy is in the Control & Assurance team.
Robeco is an international asset manager offering an extensive range of active investments, in equities and fixed income. Since the foundation in Rotterdam in 1929, research lies in the heart of everything they do. They combine their pioneering spirit with a cautious approach. They strongly believe in sustainability investing, quantitative techniques, and constant innovation: Robeco was one of the first to offer private individuals the opportunity to invest for a reason.
Find out more about Robeco on their website and watch 'The story of Robeco'.
Robeco offers you a professional, dedicated, and enthusiastic team in an international, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment. The company culture is down-to-earth and pragmatic. The working landscape offers room for personal input and initiatives: proactivity is required and rewarded. In addition, Robeco offers you:
- Competitive salary
- 13th month
- Bonus (discretionary)
- Retirement plan
- Growth- and development opportunities
- Personal training budget
We're looking for an Operational Risk Manager with a strong focus on the IT internal control environment. A professional with the ability to think in value chains and who has a cultural fit with Robeco; down to earth, hands-on, and open. You are a team player, with organizational skills and the ability to structure complex processes and projects. You have solid analytical, negotiating, and reporting capabilities and are result-driven. Further, you bring:
- More than 5 years relevant experience, preferably within IT governance, risk management, processes, and controls
- An academic background
- IT audit knowledge/experience
- Financial services or asset management industry experience or affinity
- Professional qualification RE, CISA, RA, CIA, or other international comparable professional IT audit qualifications would be an advantage
- Knowledge of (IT) assurance frameworks, control testing and reporting standards, such as Cobit, EBA, ECB/DNB/AFM guidelines, ISAE 3402, SOx 404
- Excellent communication skills, both written, oral, and presentational