Contract with Client
About this vacancy
Are you able to juggle a variety of tasks and work in a dynamic environment, liaising with senior management, IT specialists, auditors, and other stakeholders? Do you know what the challenges and complexities of an asset manager are? And are you able to translate these challenges into an effective IT internal control environment? Then you must seize this opportunity! For Robeco, we are looking for a Senior Operational IT Risk Manager.
As Senior Operational IT Risk Manager you have a strong focus on the IT environment. You are a convincing, pro-active advisor that can level with management whilst safeguarding alignment with the Robeco Framework. You act as the IT risk specialist within Operational Risk Management (ORM) and educate your risk colleagues and liaise with first-line colleagues (e.g. CISO).
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- You perform IT risk assessments
- You monitor IT improvements related to the assessments and challenge 1st line management on this
- You assess and evaluate compliance with IT standards, guidelines, and requirements
- You facilitate external IT assessments, reviews, and audits
- You enhance and maintain IT risk management
- You monitor industry best practices, legalization, and regulations (e.g. DORA)
- You inform internal and external stakeholders about the status of IT risk
- You develop IT Risk training/awareness activities to educate risk colleagues
You will be part of a team of 10 risk specialists. Team members have distinct areas of expertise and responsibility and can work independently. At the same time, however, the breadth of Robeco’s activities and the relatively small size of the team require teamwork with team members functioning as each other’s backup. The ORM department is divided into three sub-teams: Risk Monitoring, Control & Assurance, and Incident Management. This vacancy is in the Risk Monitoring team.
Robeco is an international asset manager offering an extensive range of active investments, in equities and fixed income. Since the foundation in Rotterdam in 1929, research lies in the heart of everything they do. They combine their pioneering spirit with a cautious approach. They strongly believe in sustainability investing, quantitative techniques, and constant innovation: Robeco was one of the first to offer private individuals the opportunity to invest for a reason.
Find out more about Robeco on their website and watch 'The story of Robeco'.
Robeco offers you a professional, dedicated, and enthusiastic team in an international, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment. The company culture is down-to-earth and pragmatic. The working landscape offers room for personal input and initiatives: proactivity is required and rewarded. In addition, Robeco offers you:
- Competitive salary
- 13th month
- Bonus (discretionary)
- Retirement plan
- Growth- and development opportunities
- Personal training budget
We're looking for a senior professional with the ability to think in value chains and who has a cultural fit with Robeco; down to earth, hands-on, and open. You are a team player with the ability to build trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You are result-driven, keep your priorities straight, and can adjust easily. Further, you bring:
- More than 12 years of relevant experience, preferably within IT risk management, processes, and controls
- An academic background
- Professional qualification (RE, CISA, CRISC) or other comparable professional IT audit qualifications
- Experience with SOx 404 and ISAE 3402 assurance, in the financial services or asset management industry
- Excellent communication skills, both written, oral, and presentational