Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Are you passionate about Containers and Kubernetes? Would like to be at the forefront of supporting and improving the Vanderlande Container Platform? If yes, then Vanderlande is looking for you!
Vanderlande is using Kubernetes to run its latest software solutions. The clusters are part of the Container Platform and are based on Rancher and Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Services. In this position you be responsible for operating & supporting the Vanderlande Container Platform.
In your role, you will operate the Rancher management environments and its downstream clusters. You are the go-to person for service requests, incidents and problems. You will help making the Container Platform better, by contributing to improvements that speed up delivery times of service requests and reduce recovery times of incidents.
You will work in an environment with highly technically skilled colleagues and state of the art technology with opportunities to develop your skills, both on a technical and personal level.
The Digitalization department is part of Corporate IT with a mission to be an innovative and trustworthy digital service provider. The department is responsible for Cloud Architecture & Infrastructure, Data Platform, Data Warehouse and Data Engineering, Digital Services and the coordination and acceleration of various digital activities. You will be part of the Container Platform team consisting of 4-5 specialists.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including Amazon and Walmart, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Vanderlande. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
As a DevOps Engineer Kubernetes, you will be responsible for:
- Operating the Vanderlande Container Platform, based on Rancher and Microsoft Azure (AKS)
- Supporting colleagues from various software teams with Kubernetes related topics
- Helping automate the delivery of the platform and its components
- Helping secure the platform so it is safe and remains safe
- Bachelor or comparable degree in Computer Science or other technical field of study.
- More than 5 years relevant work experience in a high tech environment.
- Knowledge and hands on experience of containers and Kubernetes. Strongly preferred products and technologies are Rancher, MS Azure (AKS), Linux (Ubuntu/SUSE).
- Affinity with Infrastructure-as-Code tools. Strongly preferred are Terraform and Terragrunt.
- Passion & drive to automate, fail fast / learn fast mindset, always on, large scale