Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
We provide baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market our systems handle 52 million parcels per day. All these systems generate data. Do you see a challenge in building data-driven services for our customers using that data? Do you want to contribute to the fast-growing Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? If so, then join our Digital Service Factory team!
As a lead frontend engineer, you will be working closely with the different frontend engineers of the DSF teams. You will provide guidelines and designs for the product development teams and align the product solutions so that they integrate to one user experience. You’re enthusiastic, keep the oversight and can transfer your frontend knowledge to others. You’re hands-on and able to deliver code (Angular).
- Extensive experience with leadership roles in Agile teams, e.g., as Scrum Master, Product Owner, DevOps Engineer.
- You build and develop our new responsive web app that works well on a variety of screen resolutions and browsers.
- You develop new features for our products and services which provide our customers with actionable information through multiple channels.
- You participate in end-to-end development through prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and further iterations.
- You actively contribute to continuous integration efforts and improvements on our way of working.
- You collaborate with UX designers to develop appealing and intuitive interfaces based on graphic designs or mock-ups.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses and in the parcel market.
To be discussed.
- Experience with and/or skills in UX design/development; you're able to create an aesthetically pleasing and user experience friendly interface based on (or without any) minimal mock-ups.
- Experience with Angular, or similar technologies like React or Vue.js.
- Experience with automated unit, visual, and/or contract testing, we use Jest for this.
- Experience with back-end development (e.g. Java, Python) or experience working with BaaS (e.g. Firebase) is a plus.
- Experience developing online applications, especially those containing a lot of data, is a plus.