Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
As a DevOps lead, you will design and align robust and scalable (Azure) infrastructure that allow product team developers to work successfully. You will be working closely with peers across the organization, and you define and create pipelines for the developers of the DSF product teams.
Vanderlande provides baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market our systems handle 52 million parcels per day. All these systems generate data. Do you see a challenge in building data-driven services for our customers using that data? Do you want to contribute to the fast-growing Vanderlande Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? If so, then join their Digital Service Factory team!
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses and in the parcel market. Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems are capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. Its systems are active in more than 600 airports including 12 of the world’s top 20. More than 52 million parcels are sorted by its systems every day, which have been installed for the world’s leading parcel companies. In addition, many of the largest global e-commerce players and retailers have confidence in Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions.
The demand for Vanderlande’s industry-leading life-cycle services has also grown significantly in recent years, with more than 150 site-based teams operating for its customers around the world. Vanderlande has more than 7,500 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Vanderlande. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- You setup and adapt our continuous integration/deployment pipeline(s) so that teams can have fast feedback and thus can effectively work
- You ensure that releasing and deploying times are as short as possible
- You ensure that infrastructure is setup as such that it serves the continuous integration/deployment
- You are continuously seeking ways to improve our DevOps practices so that we can improve our products
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or at least 3 years of relevant experience with DevOps activities
- You are experienced with bash scripting
- You have basic Python and Java (Spring Boot and Maven is a plus) knowledge
- You have experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Can setup a Continuous Integration and Deployment pipeline (experience in Bamboo is a plus)
- Ability to inspire and coach others with regards to DevOps
- You have experience with Azure services
- Experience with automated testing on different levels is a plus