Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, Industrial, Engineering
About this vacancy
At ASML we build some of the most amazing, complex machines that you will ever see – and the software to run them – to develop smaller, faster and still more affordable computer chips. It is because of our machines that the world’s technology has steadily evolved. Data analytics plays a key role in improving our machines and process and that is where you can contribute!
The position is within the IT Big Data department of ASML. You will be part of one of the 50 Scrum/DevOps teams creating Big Data & Analytics solutions for the company.
In this role you will be responsible for the UI development of heavily-used analytical applications. Together with your DevOps team you will develop new features and maintain the underlying platform. All to enable your fellow ASML colleagues to achieve great things.
ASML is looking for a senior Angular front-end developer to join our Analytics & Visualization team. We are interested in engineers with very strong knowledge and experience in designing and building a front-end platform and applications in an industrial/enterprise environment. You are very experienced in developing Enterprise-level Angular applications and able to take a mentor role among less experienced developers.
- Communicate with stakeholders to get a better understanding of the implementation and to retrieve the requirements of the design.
- Ask questions and communicate feedback to increase maturity of Way of Working.
- Initial set up of frontend and implement/migrate applications as a front-end developer.
- Conduct user acceptance test.
- Realizing the product backlog.
- Cooperate with other teams to ensure consistent implementation of the architecture, agree on interfaces and timing of cross-team deliveries.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and solve integration issues, as well as issues reported by our customers.
- Participate in the processes of a (DevOps) Scrum team.
- Write or update product documentation.
- Suggest improvements to our technical solutions and way of working and implement them in alignment with your fellow team members and their stakeholders.
- Mentor other developers to help them improve their knowledge and skills.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth. ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
A bachelor or master degree, preferably in the Computer Science/Information Technology area or similar.
You are a senior developer with minimal 3-7 years of experience. Your technical skillset should include the following:
- In-depth understanding and experience with cleaning code and best practices like but not limited to Component Driven, OO, SOC, Publish & Subscribe in the Frontend with the goal of creating a sustainable solutions.
- Experience in Angular 4.0 or up, with at least 1 project using state management preferably NgRx +Effects (or Redux, NGXS, Akita)
- UI specifications like JSON, HTML5, CSS & SCSS
- Restful style APIs (http://restfulapi.net).
- Knowledge of GIT source-code management tool.
- Experience preferably in Karma / Jest & Protractor or Cypress test framework & TDD.
- Experience in performance tuning front-end for presenting (great amounts) of data.
- English language skills.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
You have a positive attitude and an intrinsic motivation to learn new things. Your personal skills should include:
- Good customer focus and customer facing skills.
- Taking and driving ownership.
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude.
- Team player.
- Can work in a dynamic & complex environment.
- Work independently.