Secondment via YER
Energy, Gas, Water, Engineering
About this vacancy
Do you enjoy working both independently, as well as within a team. Do you have a strong commitment to delivering technical results and do you have the ability to multi-task and prioritize your work? Then the position of System Engineer Diaphragm & Periflow might be your next step!
- Specifies components in compressor systems according to customer requirements and HTC standards, in relation to system aspects such as process gas handling, lube oil and cooling water systems, instrumentation, drive systems and condition monitoring;
- Receives and reviews customer feedback and implements changes after consultation of the project team;
- Is in close contact with suppliers to come to the correct specification and implementation of required components or modules;
- Makes sure applicable documentation with the correct information is received from suppliers and internal HTC;
- Advices the lead engineer on potential risks in the project and proposes counter measures;
- Is knowledge owner of one the key system domains and makes sure standards are maintained by incorporating improvement proposals.
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in.
Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
You will work at a company that is certified as a Top Employer 2021 by the Top Employer Institute. You will get the chance to bring in your vision and initiatives, be a leader and work on products and projects we are proud off in a healthy and good atmosphere. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development and of course an attractive salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position.
- Knowledge of process gas handling equipment, lube oil and cooling water systems, instrumentation, drive systems, control systems and condition monitoring;
- Highly motivated to deliver high standards under pressure and is results focused;
- Good communication skills;
- Time management skills;
- Pro-active behavior;
- Good team player;
- Fluent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
The successful candidate enjoys working both independently, as well as within a team. He/she should have a strong commitment to delivering technical results and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work. Other key characteristics are customer orientation, resilience and analytical thinking.