Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
For an already existing project, we are looking for a Senior Network Engineer with experience in leading a migration team. The Senior Network Engineer will facilitate the SD WAN program and is responsible for the following activities.
- Migration to a CISCO / VIPTELA / SD WAN network.
- Provide expert technical assistance in migrating to SD WAN networks in close cooperation with the Project Manager and WAN Product Owner to support the customer needs.
- In depth knowledge of CISCO / SD WAN system/network configurations.
- Install, maintain, and configure routers/switches, firewall, Load balancer in a CISCO SD WAN environment.
- Monitor/Resolve LAN/WAN performance, health and security issues.
- Perform HA & disaster recovery of network systems.
Our client is an international semiconductor manufacturing company.
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- MUST HAVE in depth hands-on experience with Corporate Global Wide Area Networks, experience with CISCO SD WAN;
- 5+ years in Networking engineer role demonstrating hands on CISCO SD WAN migration experience;
- Expertise with routing and switching protocols (BGP);
- CISCO SD WAN Architecture;
- Firewall/Security expertise (Palo Alto expertise preferred);
- Knowledge of setting up network monitoring and packet capture tools.
Preferred but not required qualifications:
- Certifications include: Juniper certifications, F5 certifications, CCSA, CCIE, CCIP and other Cisco specialized certification;
- Experience with Linux overall, and specifically Redhat Linux, shell scripting, python, or other UNIX/Linux scripting languages;
- Automation experience with Ansible.
- Persistent and assertive personality with proactive attitude and can-do mindset
- Strong communicator with business proficient English language skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills, very target driven with a strong business focus
- Plug and play, independent team player with strong process mindset
- Being able to work with deadlines