Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
About this vacancy
For our client Philips Domestic Appliances, YER is looking for a Merchandising Manager Consumer Store, who will be working at Philips DA HQ(Amsterdam-Zuid) or remote. It's a full-time, temporary assignment, beginning 1-1-2022 and initially lasting for nine months, with the possibility of extension.
Philips Domestic Appliances business is a global leader with EUR 2.3 billion in sales in 2019 in kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care and home care appliances, with successful products such as the Airfryer, Automatic Coffee Machines with LatteGo and SpeedPro Max Aqua vacuum cleaner, and many more that are used by millions of people every day across the world.
In this role, you have the opportunity to be responsible for a specific category(ies), with the focus on offering the right assortment at the right moment to the right customer within Philips Store (Direct-to-Consumer). Working closely with demand planning to ensure right offer, as well as with digital activation team to execute successful campaigns for your categories, using data to drive insight into category performance and to make commercial recommendations. You are responsible for reporting and optimizing commercial performance of online merchandising features across your portfolio. This position is based in the Netherlands or Europe market Remote.
You are responsible for growing the sales and digital performance of at least one of the Domestic Appliances categories by:
- Implementing the merchandising strategy in close collaboration with your stakeholders. You drive, inspire and organize that all pages are effectively merchandised, identifying best sellers, key trends & stories;
- Analyzing portfolio data and making proposals for improvement of the consumer decision journey, conversion and basket value;
- Identifying, suggesting and enrolling promotional activities to drive sales opportunities whilst mitigating risk to margin;
- Ensuring accuracy for all aspects of our products, including set up, pricing, categorization, ranking, upsell / cross sell online, listing new products and optimize web conversion, through product availability;
- Understanding the consumer needs & translating this into a merchandising strategy for the Philips Store (D2C);
- Coordinating and consulting the 360roles on campaigns, content, the LCB system, AEM and assortment;
- Coordinating & consulting with various stakeholders in the digital team to ensure your categories are represented in the best way;
- Creating/optimizing procedures for content creation, category landing pages & campaigns and implement these in collaboration with 360s, marketing and the other Digital Team members;
- Ensuring good representation of your categories on all digital touchpoint on promotions and campaigns;
- Strategic display of products, promotional planning and conversion optimization;
You are part of the Consumer Store organization in the new Europe market Domestic Appliances Central Virtual Team. This team will be responsible for the transformation and innovating in the Business Marketing & Sales for business Domestic Appliances. As we value diversity, we have a multi-functional and diverse team, with different points of view, different ways of thinking, new capabilities to strengthen and improve the digital strategy for our customers.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips Domestic Appliances. We offer:
- Good employee benefits;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies;
- There is also the possibility of being hired as a freelancer.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Proficiency in retail and profit-based metrics
- Ability to employ retail acumen and proven capability to inspire;
- Ability to respond with speed and agility;
- A continuous improvement mindset & the ambition to set trends;
- Outgoing and positive personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- A data driven, solution-oriented candidate, who is an excellent project manager, able to work in a multi-functional team
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree with 5 years of related experience in digital sales/marketing (B2B and B2C) or Masters degree with 3 years of related experience in digital sales (B2B and B2C)
- Certified LEAN Basic