Contract with Client
About this vacancy
This position is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and innovative finance professional to proactively drive the business forward in the chosen strategic direction. Being part of this international well-known food and drink brand, you are responsible for customer performance information across multiple countries, business sectors and customer channels. You will accommodate to increase margins and market share in a competitive and demanding marketplace.
To support the strategic direction, the Commercial Controller provides Prince's commercial management with high-quality business performance information. This role forms the interface between the financial and the commercial side of the company. It will be instrumental in the planning and execution of the company’s strategy and the planning and control cycle.
The Commercial Controller provides the Group Director, the PFBV commercial organisation and various stakeholders in the Princes Group with detailed financial information of the company’s actual and forecasted performance. The role reports into the Financial Controller Europe, who is based in Rotterdam, and has interfaces with the financial controllers in the wider Princes group.
The finance team consists of 7 employees who are looking after financial administration, management accounting, financial and commercial control.
- Business performance review, including sector and customer profitability, and discuss these with management.
- Maintain, operate and improve (including automation of) the company’s commercial reporting infrastructure which consists of SAP, BI and Excel.
- Report monthly business sector and segment P&L accounts and KPI’s as well as monthly forecast updates and weekly flash result updates.
- Present and discuss monthly forecast in review meetings held with the appropriate sales team member.
- Assistance in the production of the monthly annual forecast for the European business and communicate to relevant stakeholders.
- Development and monitoring of financial models for major commercial deals to support sales and line managers.
- Maintain the Activity-Based-Costing model.
- Ensure full compliance of annual long-term customer agreements.
Princes is an international food and drink group involved in the manufacture, import and distribution of branded and customer own-brand products. The company employs over 7,000 people, operate 14 production sites and deal with more than 600 suppliers worldwide. Princes’ brands and products span over 20 different product categories. The group reported net sales of GBP1.5 billion in 2019.
Princes has achieved sustainable growth for nearly three decades under Mitsubishi Corporation ownership, and the company has a long-term strategy to build on its current core strengths and diversify into new markets.
Princes Foods BV is the vehicle for growth of the company within Europe outside the UK. The company serves a variety of customers, a.o. the large Continental European retailers, Industrial and Food Service customers. The company has an annual turnover of EUR 300M consisting of branded products with its brands Princes, Vier Diamanten and Wielkopolski as well as private label, co-packed and industrial products. The company performs Commercial, Marketing and Logistics functions and has 80 employees in offices in Rotterdam, Paris and Warsaw. The team of employees is dynamic and diverse, with 15 different nationalities and an open and dedicated company culture.
In addition to a good remuneration package, Princes Foods is investing in personal and functional development of its employees. Working at Princes Foods means working in an international and dynamic working environment with a worldwide network of highly motivated national and international colleagues.
- Competitive salary
- Development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Working remote (from home / the office)
- 25 vacation days
- Pension scheme
We're looking for a confident finance professional who likes to partner with the business and is highly organized. Deliver strong analytical financial reviews, a can-do mentality and a strong financial and commercial sense. Keen for a challenge in a pleasant and hard-working environment. Somebody who makes a difference!
Next to this, you have:
- Minimum educational level HBO/Bachelor (BE/ACC/FIN)
- 3 to 5 years of relevant commercial finance experience, preferably within FMCG or a fast changing environment
- Proven track record in improving business performance (through your concepts, initiatives and actions that you have taken)
- SAP Financials experience, excellent Excel skills and experience with Business Intelligence tools
- A high degree of business acumen and business partnering experience to non-finance stakeholders
- Sufficient influencing skills to challenge at a senior level through clear analysis and presentation
- Confident and able to present complex information and engage with internal and external customers whilst adapting style for different audiences