Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Are you the multidisciplinary engineer we are looking for, who can guarantee the quality and functionality of our products? And do you enjoy working with automated logistic systems? If so, the position of System Test Engineer within Vanderlande is the ideal next step in your career.
The Technology department (former Research and Development) plays a key role in the continuous development of new products and technologies in order to strengthen our position on the market and differentiate our products. Together with your team, you will be responsible for SW and HW integration testing of cutting-edge technical solutions. You also contribute to setting up the test competence and implementing improvements.
As a System test engineer you are responsible for testing of software within the Warehousing or Parcels Platform development program.
This software implements business logic in logistics systems and forms the part of our systems that interact with the users. The software includes controls for logistical transport, communication with external computer systems, reporting, data analysis and simulation. As a test engineer you work together with the integration engineers in order to test according to the integration and test plan. This also includes testing SW/HW interaction on physical test systems within our Innovation Centre.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses and in the parcel market.
To be discussed
- Actively participating in the definition of system integration scenarios (in Gherkin)
- Implementing automated test scenarios in code by using the custom Automated Test Framework
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and fixing problems with a strong analytical view
- Independently executing, analysing and reporting the system integration tests
- Independently solving work related problems within the own operational work environment
- Effectively and closely collaborating with highly skilled development team members and software development teams
You should also have the following qualifications / have a working knowledge of:
- At least a bachelor degree in Software Engineering or Mechatronics/Controls engineering.
- At least three years software development and/or testing experience with focus on quality in a representative technical environment (embedded/controls)
- ISTQB Foundation certification (or equivalent)
- ISTQB Advanced test automation engineer (or equivalent) is an advantage
- Two years of experience with C# (Object Oriented)/.NET/.NET Core, Visual Studio, MSBuild, NuGet and NUnit is required
- Experience with Build/Deploy/Test pipelines is an advantage
- Knowledge of XML/XSD, TCP/IP / HTTP / Oracle(SQL) / Linux
- Knowledge of DevOps, Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery is an advantage
- Knowledge of Gherkin and SpecFlow is an advantage
- Knowledge of UI automation frameworks (Selenium, Cypress) is an advantage
- Experience and affinity with Requirements Management, Change Management, Version Control and Test management tools, especially Jira, Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo and Artifactory
- Enthusiastic result-driven professional
- Proactive, pragmatic and hands on attitude