Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, High Tech, Logistics & Transportation
About this vacancy
Want to be part of a dynamic team that implement the ICT Infrastructure during project execution for customers worldwide?
You will be part of the ICT Projects department, which is responsible for implementing and supporting the customer IT infrastructure. The IT infrastructure is an integral part of the automated material handling systems that we provide to our customers. The ICT projects department develops the IT infrastructure products and processes used for the customer implementations, implements various customer solutions worldwide and helps the support departments with the lifecycle management of the customer thereafter. Your responsibility is to install and configure the Linux Servers.
In this position, you will be part of a dynamic team that implement the ICT Infrastructure during project execution for our customers worldwide. You will work closely with fellow ICT engineers that are responsible for the product development and / or the service and support of the customer systems. As the Linux Specialist you ensure, during implementation, that the projects are according to our standard when delivered to the customer.
As a goal oriented, proactive, creative and open minded professional you will need to build up an internal network so that you can work efficiently. You will need to align with but also support, train and advise your colleagues from various Vanderlande teams on the ICT projects standards and challenges.
You are responsible for
- Installation, configuration, testing and commissioning of customer-specific IT infrastructure solutions as part of projects
- In-house test support
- Error analysis and troubleshooting during project execution
- Supporting the IT service with system expansion and updates to our customers
- Participation in the review and development of new IT solutions.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses and in the parcel market.
Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems are capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. Its systems are active in more than 600 airports including 12 of the world’s top 20. More than 52 million parcels are sorted by its systems every day, which have been installed for the world’s leading parcel companies. In addition, many of the largest global e-commerce players and retailers have confidence in Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions.
The demand for Vanderlande’s industry-leading life-cycle services has also grown significantly in recent years, with more than 150 site-based teams operating for its customers around the world.
Vanderlande has more than 7,500 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Vanderlande. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Freelancers also welcome to apply!
Your key competences
- Linux expertise
- Suse Linux
- Ubuntu and Debian
- Red Hat
- Automation skills in Ansible and other automation tools/languages. i.e. Python/Powershell
Other beneficial competences/tools
- Infrastructure Monitoring (OP5)
- Incident Management (Topdesk)
- Virtualization (VMWare)
- Virtual Routers (VYOS)