Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
You take the lead in designing, programming and testing the software based on a design concept and a set of requirements. In some cases, you will have to personally formulate these requirements together with the (end) users and/or internal stakeholders.
As a senior software engineer you are responsible for designing, programming, testing and maintaining High-Level Control software. This software implements business logic in material handling systems and forms the part of our systems that interact with the users. The, often complex, functionality of the software includes business logic, controls for logistical transport, communication with external computer systems, reporting, data analysis and simulation. This functionality is spread across the various components of the HLC suites.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses and in the parcel market.
If you’re an enthusiastic, experienced, result-driven and versatile senior software engineer with a hands-on attitude, you will excel at:
- Participating in software and system design for large and complex projects
- Creating detailed application designs and implement these in code
- Verifying SW Components and create unit tests
- Supporting testing and integration of SW Components
- Creating SW Documentation and UML diagrams
- Analysing, troubleshooting and fixing internally and externally encountered problems and requested changes
- Being a committed team player and lead in an Agile (Scrum or Kanban) team, including planning and reporting
- Taking part in communities of practice
- Providing support within the team and to outside stakeholders
- Ensuring continuous improvement through knowledge sharing within the team as well as outside the team, and applying lessons-learnt.
You should also have the following qualifications / have a working knowledge of:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 5 years of working experience as a software engineer
- Experience in Core JAVA / Spring Boot, Framework, Security, Cloud / Hibernate / Web Services
- Experience in working with DevOps and build pipelines
- Experience in working with GIT (Bitbucket), SVN or other distributed source control systems
- Working knowledge of Apache Camel, JMS, JNDI, JUnit, and Cucumber
- Advanced knowledge developing REST APIs and micro-services
- Experience with relational, NoSQL, and event streaming database implementations (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kafka)
- You take the initiative and resolve issues and are able to put forward recommendations