Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Are you looking for a job that will challenge you to become a technical expert while being the interface to the factory and customer site engineers? Do you have the ability to be creative and like to be challenged in solving complex problems? Are you eager to improve your non-technical skills when introducing next-generation deliverables to your counterparts in the factory and at the customer? Then you are the right person for this job!
As an Industrial Engineer your primary goal is to enable flawless introduction and execution of field service and manufacturing activities. You will be part of a young, innovative and multidisciplinary group (e.g. disciplines like optics/physics, thermal, mechanical, electrical, software) that support the design of the next-generation ASML products or improves the current generation of laser system in the EUV Light Source.
You will actively contribute to a majority of the product generation process within ASML for the EUV Source programs. Your involvement in an early stage of the product design phase will allow you to build knowledge and to ensure that the manufacturability and serviceability needs are taken into account.
Once the design is reviewed and defined, you will translate all the gathered knowledge into:
- Defining and designing service and production tools and parts
- Creating training material that will be shared and presented to multiple stakeholders
- Providing clear work instructions for production and customer support engineers
As the expert in your field of knowledge, you will support local teams in troubleshooting and executing upgrades and installs. You will enable effective and efficient execution of the manufacturing and service actions.
Your daily activities are:
New product design:
- Provide input for the product design to secure Design for Service and Design for Manufacturing.
- Review technical documentation of the multidisciplinary development team
- Define and create the build/install/service processes (e.g. assembly, diagnostics, HW replacement, SW upgrades and system recovery)
- Optimize setup sequence to reduce system build and system installation cycle time
- Reduce repairs and maintenance times by optimizing serviceability
- Monitor reliability status and initiate improvement activities
Field & Factory introduction & support:
- Define and develop solutions to complex structural problems in your competence domain
- Prepare Field and Factory teams to execute service and manufacturing activities by writing work instructions, defining tools and spare parts
- Train Field and Factory teams to execute service and manufacturing activities
- Train first line support teams to troubleshoot product performance issues
- Contribute to the rapid solution of field and factory issues, taking the necessary initiatives and practical decisions
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
- Good employee benefits.
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office.
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture.
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals.
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in one of the following: Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Optics/Physics, Computer Sciences or Mathematics.
- 2 to 5 year experience in multi-disciplinary teams related to design, diagnostic and maintenance of complex HW/SW systems.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
We expect you to act as a professional:
- Be proactive
- Express a ‘can-do’ and problem-solving mentality
- Eager to develop yourself personally and technically
- Focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Be a team player
Professional communication skills:
- Adequate English language skills
- Experience in presenting and reporting progress and issues
To perform your job you should be able to:
- Work with PC (Microsoft Office, SAP, HTML, XML text formats)
- Have technical discussions (understanding and explaining of technical concepts)
- Execute (and test) service and manufacturing activities
- Troubleshoot issues on systems
- Give training